So, one of my favorite songs used to be "Need You Now" by Lady Antebellum.
Then, the other day...I heard Auz singing it around the house, "It's a quarter after one, I'm a little drunk, and I need you now."
What in the?
"Auz! Why are you singing that?" I asked.
"Uh, Mom, every time that song comes on--you turn it up really loud and it's a catchy tune," he answered, and kept singing.

Somehow, hearing my 11-year-old singing about getting drunk and needing someone--has kinda ruined the song for me.
{Guess I'll be deleting that one off of
my I-tunes library.}
Then, the other day...I heard Auz singing it around the house, "It's a quarter after one, I'm a little drunk, and I need you now."
What in the?
"Auz! Why are you singing that?" I asked.
"Uh, Mom, every time that song comes on--you turn it up really loud and it's a catchy tune," he answered, and kept singing.
Somehow, hearing my 11-year-old singing about getting drunk and needing someone--has kinda ruined the song for me.
{Guess I'll be deleting that one off of
my I-tunes library.}
2 comments:
I told Ross that Mean Mr. Mustard (Beatles Abbey Road) was about a homeless drug addict. He said no. So we googled it. Turns out Mustard keeps a ten bob note up his nose because he is a stingy miser, not a coke fiend. What I'm saying is, maybe you are reading it all wrong!
What? No?
I actually wouldn't let Jordyn download a Madonna and Justin Timberlake song--because I thought it was too raunchy a song. Then Jordyn proved to me it was a song about recycling or something like that.
Post a Comment