Friday, January 4, 2008

Christmas Decorations be Gone!

My Christmas decorations are still up and it's killing me! They have been up for so long--that when I take it down I will have to dust it off (I know this because I did take down my tree in the basement on Wednesday and it was very dusty--who thinks to dust their tree over the holidays?).

One of my friends takes down her decor on the afternoon of Christmas day. My sister takes hers down on the 26th - no matter what. This year she was actually sick on her deathbed and STILL took it down in the same timely fashion. I usually shake my head at these borderline OCD Christmas removers - that is until it's January 4th and my Christmas is still haunting me like a bad dream (sugarplums dancing in my head has taken on a whole new meaning).

So, now I'm shaking my head at myself! I need to get my act together! I mean, good grief - Valentine's Day decor has been in the stores for 2 weeks. My goal is always to take it down on New Year's day. But, this New Year's we were madly finishing Aussie's report on Paul Revere because it was due on Thursday (whose idea was it to have a big report due on the day the kids go back to school - I don't care if it was assigned just before Thanksgiving - procrastinators who don't take down their Christmas before January 4th will most likely save a big 3rd grade report for the last minute - it's a proven statistic - I promise).

So, it is with great sadness that I end this post - because the inevitable has to come to pass--no matter what! It is 9:23 am on a slushy January morning - and I have put it off long enough. There is no other choice - Christmas decor be gone!

3 comments:

Jolene said...

In some countries it is bad luck to take your decorations down before the 6th of January (the Epiphany) so I am going with that. Mine up in all of their glory until all the kids are back in school on Monday and I can do it in peace!

One Sassy Mama said...

Decoration Update: 440 pm on Friday and all is not well - the blasted Christmas decor is still up - staring at me - maybe I'll go with your Epiphany thing Jo - it was 1/2 day Friday at school - I forgot - I hate those cursed half days!

Anonymous said...

Hey, what can you do- if the Paul Revere report is calling, it's calling! Jen told me I had to read your funny blog. I got my christmas crap down late this year too, and I was feeling shmucky, until we were driving home from Boise on Sunday and passed a house on the freeway with their tree all a-glow. We beat them getting it taken down!

Allyson