Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Dentist Diet...It's the Rage!

My DH and I are going to Hawaii in 3 weeks. I have known about it for 10 weeks - and have been dieting to no avail. Admittedly - no one should start a diet Thanksgiving weekend - it's bound to fail. Needless to say - the thought of me in any sort of swimwear has been giving me nightmares filled with beached whales and wild laughter.

Thankfully, a new diet has been imposed on me - whether I like it or not. I call it the "Dentist Diet". It's really quite easy to follow. First, you go to the dentist (unassumingly) to get a gum tissue graft. Second, because you have asked no questions about the procedure and done absolutely zilch research - you will be somewhat surprised when the dentist informs you (AFTER the 2 hour procedure) that the recovery is three weeks. This is where the diet begins 3) Recovery includes: within the first week pretty much liquids (since chewing hurts terribly because of the pokey stitches plus the side of your face is so swollen it hurts to open your mouth) - after that 2 more weeks of very soft foods - and remember no chewing on the graft side.

I've been on "The Dentist Diet" since Tuesday - and I'm already down 2 lbs. If I can average 2lbs every 3 days - then according to my higher education math skills (umm...Math 101) that equivilates to approximately 14 lbs by Hawaii. Not bad for a last minute diet.

3 comments:

jmemmott said...

I love the diet! But, stick w/me and we'll find plenty of things you can eat.hehehe I mean, why not Zuppas everyday?
And the music, it's such an addition!

Jolene said...

See, if it were me in your shoes, it would be soft-serve ice cream and milk-shakes. Then I would gain 14 pounds in three weeks.

Anonymous said...

I just think it's awesome you're going to Hawaii- it's the perfect time of year for it. Enjoy!