**My oldest daughter, Jay, has just started wearing nylons. This morning, on the way
to church she propped her stocking footed feet up on the seat in front of her. The twins were completely grossed out - "oooh, yuck, get em' away". She tried to explain that her feet were completely covered and that they weren't gross. At that point, Aussie said - she's a frog! she's a frog! She's got webbed feet.**First let me explain - Savvy has a great love for VW slug-bugs. Daily, we play the "slug bug what color?" game whenever we are in the car. She has such a love for these cars - that she is totally planning on driving a cute lime green bug, with a black sunroof, when she hits high school (oh, the surprise she'll have when she ends up with a sweet avocado green station wagon).
So, last night, on our way to Walmart - we had passed many a slug bug - red ones,
silver, and my personal fav - baby blue with a black sunroof. As we're pulling into Walmart - she says - "Mom! Look! A medieval slug bug!" "A what?" I asked. "Mom" she says, "That slug bug is totally medieval - it has a mask and everything." Then I saw the infamous bug - and she was right - it did have on a black mask.
3 comments:
I love the ironic priesthood. That made me laugh.
p.s.
I love the poem too. I feel very special - I don't think I have ever had a poem dedicated to me before.
Your kids are smart! The webbed feet was too funny- oh the start of dreaded nylons! Many a run in her future I predict. (if she is anything like me)
Post a Comment