Friday, February 8, 2008

A Fashion Friend

As I finish up my shopping for our trip to Hawaii next week, I have come to the conclusion that somebody needs to invent a "Fashion Friend" gadget. Plenty of fashion challenged girls (me included), would definitely benefit from this. My current "Fashion Friend" is my sister Jilly. Now, don't get me wrong - she's fabulous. But, I think she is getting a little tired of my fashion emergency shopping sprees.

In the beginning (a couple of weeks ago), Jill and her 3 year old son, would meet me at pre-selected stores - and watch the fashion show. Now it's gotten to the point - where she doesn't have the time (and her 3 year old doesn't have the energy) to keep chasing me around on my wild goose (clothes) chases.

So, I continue to buy outfits, model it for Jilly (at her house or mine), then return what doesn't work. This is not efficient for anyone involved. The other day - I bought an outfit at Old Crazy - I was so desperate for approval - that I emailed her the link to the shirt and hoodie I bought. I realize it's beyond annoying--but I am at a loss on what to do.

Obviously, I am a terrible decision maker. Just think how fab it would be if I could just take my "Fashion Friend" to the dressing room with me, try on the outfit, scan myself into "Fashion Friend" and it would say "Yay!" "Nay" or "Absolutely No Way"! It would be a lifesaver for both me and my dear sis.

3 comments:

Jolene said...

I have that hoodie! (green)
I think you are a genious! You need to act on this fast because someone is going to steal your idea. Phones have cameras - you could take a picture of yourself in the mirror with the outfit on and send it to someone. I hate trying on clothes. But if someone was helping me that would be great.

I can't believe you are going on your magical vacation next week. I can't wait to see the blogs with all of the pictures! We will all live vicariously through you!

jmemmott said...

Just for the record--I haven't complained once.hehe I'm just glad we finally live by each other, so..."we can live like we were dyin'." We used to say "If you lived by me we could do....", now we don't have to say that. And let's be honest, it's fun to spend someone else's money.

Anonymous said...

I wish I lived by a sister- I think it all sounds fun. Plus, shopping for a trip to pinapple land sounds great. I like the idea, kind of like the wizard of oz for shoppers.