Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Let it Snow?

I like snow. I know plenty of people who hate it - but I've always been a sucker for a white Christmas. I don't even hate it when it's still snowing in March. I remember rejoicing my Freshman year in college (Utah State University--in Logan) when it snowed on June 10th. It was magical (of course it melted in an hours time--but still it was pretty awesome-and boy were the snowbirds from AZ ticked).

With that said, this year in UT has been killer for snow. I'm not sure if I can take much more of it. I'm okay with the 2-4 inches in a snow storm. It's easy to shovel, fun to play in - and it's usually melted away by the time the next snow storm comes through. It's the 12-15 inches that is driving me crazy. I remember it snowing like this when I was a kid - but with the global warming (and truly I don't even know what I'm talking about - it just sounds good) effect we just haven't seen snowstorms of a foot deep for quite some time. On Sunday, during another huge snowstorm, Jay said - this snow isn't even fun to play in anymore - it's just too deep to even walk in it.

Since the beginning of 2008: I have been stuck in a snowbank at the end of my driveway twice (stinkin' snowplows), had church canceled due to excessive snow, had school dismissed early because of snow, and have slid through no less then 5 stop signs because of ice (and DH I promise I was going very slow).

I've had it. I'm done. Finito. Kaput. No more snow I say (of course, it's snowing outside as I make my demands). I'm dreaming of a tropical beach, warm sand, balmy 80 degree weather--thank goodness it's only 8 days and counting till we leave for Hawaii. The end is in sight (or I guess I should say a reprieve is in sight).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I echo your sentiment with all the vigor I have! The snow is insane, we can barely get to our mailbox because of all the snow the plows have pushed in front of it! I may have to move before next winter...