Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Things To Do...

Sunday:
*Spend a relaxing day at church and with the family.
*Deliver treats to the gals I visit teach.
*Put the kids to bed.
*Blog about Hawaii.
*Read "Prologue: The Brothers" by Chris Stewart - for book club on Wednesday (which I'm hosting).
*Plan lesson for RS for next week.

What actually happened:
*Relaxing? Hah!
*While delivering treats on a dark and rainy eve, fell down some porch stairs, sprained both of my ankles and my calf (didn't know you could do that).
*DH had to put the kids to bed since I was in bed with both legs propped up with ice bags surrounding.
*Didn't read.
*Didn't blog.
*Didn't plan RS lesson.

Monday:
*Post Hawaii - big time cleaning day.
*Cut out some RS wood keys for our board meeting the next night.
*Deliver cut out keys to RS president who promised if I'd cut them out she'd paint them.
*Take Jay to the dentist for her braces.
*Drop twins off at swim.
*Attend "A Midsummer Night's Dream" at the pioneer theater with Jay and her friend.
*Blog about Hawaii
*Read book club book.
*Plan lesson for RS on Sunday.

What actually happened:
*Hobbled around all day on 2 sprained ankles - took me the entire day to load the dishwasher and do a load of laundry.
*Ankles hurt too much to stand at the saw and cut out 20 keys.
*Couldn't deliver the keys to the RSP--so now they are all mine to paint since she has to work Tuesday.
*Jay's braces took longer than expected (but she is so darn cute in them!).
*Twins missed swim because of the braces.
*DH took Jay and her friend to the play cause I was too gimpy.
*Didn't read.
*Didn't blog.
*Didn't plan.

Tuesday:
*Clean house for the book club ladies coming tomorrow.
*Cut out the keys, paint the blasted things, sand them, antique them, tie a ribbon through them, glue the magnet on the back of them, make tags for them with a cute quote.
*Buy a birthday present for Aussie's friend's party on Wednesday.
*Take Jay to swim and Savvy to Activity Days.
*Go to RS board meeting (bringing the lovely keys finished and complete for all to behold and love).
*Read book club book.
*Plan RS lesson for Sunday.
*Blog about Hawaii.

What actually happened:
*Cleaning? ummm - well I did load the dishwasher and throw in some laundry (but if this gives you perspective - Savvy walked in the house after school, looked at my kitchen table covered in paint, keys and sawdust - surveyed the rest of the house - and said, "Oooh Messy".
*I did cut out the keys, paint them, sand them, antique them, put ribbon through them and made tags for them. But at the ultimate witching hour 6:40 pm- the RSP and I were still assembling them with the tags as ladies started showing up to our meeting (I ask you - who really shows up to a 7 pm meeting on time--we figured we had at least till 7:10? Well - 2 ladies showed up 10 minutes early - and ended up helping us - we called it "Make your own handout night"-very lovely and very embarrassing).
*Jay and Savvy made it to their activities-and hopefully home?
*Aussie bought his bday present.
*After the meeting - had a unplanned presidency meeting till 10pm.
*Read the first 2 chapters in my book club book.
*Didn't plan my lesson.
*Didn't blog.

Wednesday:
*Go on an all day fieldtrip with Savvy and Aussie.
*Clean house for the book club ladies.
*Read the dang book club book - I mean c'mon it's at my house for goodness sake!
*Make pnut butter kiss cookies for tonight.
*Refrigerate beverages for tonight.
*Take Jay to swim & Aussie to his bday party.
*Pick up Jay from swim and drop her to YW.
*Be ready for book club at 8 pm!
*DH's in charge of Savvy and Aussie at the Jazz game.
*Plan RS lesson.
*Blog about Hawaii.

What Actually Happened:
*Well - the fieldtrip obviously didn't happen - it's a lot of walking and I'm still too gimpy (ankles aside - are you kidding me? I've got to clean this place till it shines like the top of the Chrysler building).
*The rest all better happen - or I'm faking an illness-maybe ankle surgery?!?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps my favorite post of all time. I laughed and laughed. It makes me feel good about my own life ya know? I hope your ankles are better soon! I fell this winter also, but instead of hurting my ankles, I hurt my pride past the point of recovery- I fell on my back picking up Josh from pre-school if front of about 6 other SUV driving, high heel w/ jeans wearing, cuter than me moms, AND...I lost my keys in the snow during the fall and had to dig around to find them! I am interested to hear all about your fun trip. Good luck with the book, I'm sure it'll be fun either way though.

Jolene said...

What a week to give up Diet Coke!
Tonight after book club you will need a trip to Sonic!