I was just reading my good friend Jolene's blog and it triggered a memory in me that I had long forgotten. Considering the ranking hullaballoo I've been put through by DH - it kinda warmed my heart.
Jo talks about the memories she found in an old box of cassette tapes hidden deep in the recesses of her junk room. Her story reminded me of the most memorable cassette tape I ever received from a missionary. "Jack" was just a friend from high school. But at some point during his mission--he decided we were more than friends. (I guess 2 years away can really mess with a guy's mind--plus I have to admit--I am a pretty lovable girl).
Anyway, Jack made me an hour long tape where he talked to me about his mission and such. At the end of his tape he said, "Nicole, I am going to sing you a song that reminds me of you on a daily basis." He preceded to sing, "How Great Thou Art".
Cheesy? Yes.
Sacriligious? Of course.
The look on the face of my hubby if I had saved it and played it after receiving a "7" on my chicken parmesan? Priceless.
No comments:
Post a Comment