Tuesday, July 29, 2008

If My Life Were a Movie...Part One

The Prologue

If my life were a movie, I'd be cast as the clumsy, inept
girl with bad karma. The Wile E. Coyote of the big screen. The Lucy in the I love.

If my life were a movie, I'd be cast as the kooky, but loveable character--who couldn't keep a secret--even if it involved something so embarrassing {about herself} that she vowed never to tell another living soul EVER {And then she'd spill her guts to the first available listener}.

{Let's face it, if my life were a movie--I'd be rich and famous and would avoid airing my dirty laundry at all costs unless I were Lindsay Lohan or Britney Spears--then I'd obviously be missing the part of my brain that encourages decorum.}

But, for some reason, instead of guarding my embarrassing moment--like a mama hen guards her chicks--I have let my secret slip. Like 4 times. I have become that annoying sidekick who doesn' t have the good sense to zip her lips shut. Tight.

First, I told my good friend and neighbor, Rosie--because, well you'll see why soon enough. She laughed. Although, I think she tried not to {at first}.

Then, seeking some sympathy, I told my BFF, Jolene. She laughed. And laughed. {I'm pretty sure she is still laughing.}

Next, I sought absolution from my daughters-bike-riding-activity-days-leader {I had to explain why I was experiencing such discomfort in the bike seat didn't I?} Did she laugh? Yup. A lot.

Finally, Jay decided it would be funny to share my tender experience with her book club girlfriends today. {I mean, only 3 of them had actually read the book, so what else were they going to talk about?}. Seeing as I had a reputation to uphold with their mothers--I took it upon myself to tell the story instead--and made a bigger rufus out of myself than my own daughter would have.

And so now, loyal readers. I've come to the realization, that I need to share my embarrassing moment. Because, I too, am missing that part of my brain that encourages decorum the way I see it, this blog should be a place where we can share in one anothers burdens. Provide closure. Lift each other up. Give support to one another.

Don't you agree?


to be continued

4 comments:

Jolene said...

Don't leave out the glitter particles part of the story. That is the part that keeps me laughing - that and the long t-shirt walk of shame.

Anonymous said...

YOu're just going to leave us hanging? Out with it!

Pam said...

I totally agree - now share the story already before I wet my pants with anticipation. I was so excited with the work up to this most embarrasing moment and then it wasn't there. I am ready to feel your pain.

Amy said...

Part 2! Part 2! (Imagine a lot of people chanting) Part 2! Part 2!