It is summer. And if you are serving in the YW's program then you know that summer=Girl's Camp. I have had the chance to read numerous blogs about the glorious and uplifting experiences of gals who have been able to attend G-Camp this summer.
If you'd like to read my lack of love for Girl's Camp...read on.
Jay left for G-Camp on Monday. The night before she couldn't go to sleep till like 1 am because of her excitement. I was happy and excited for her to be going. I knew that this would be a great experience for her because we have fabulous leaders in our ward--and some fun girls.
Then I attempted to do my hair.
Now, I'm cursing her and her glamorous G-Camp experience.
Let's rewind to Sunday night. According to my DH, Jay had the absolute biggest bag out of ALL the YW. It was enormous.
Apparently it was filled with:
1) My mirror (so if you see the back of my hair looking like a rat's nest --you'll know why).
2) My hairspray (why she needs hairspray for a ponytail or braids I'll never know).
3) My ratting comb (Jay has super thick hair--unlike her mother. She does not-I repeat-does not- need to be ratting her hair to the sky whilst she camps--where does she think she is from? Texas? No offense to the Lone Star State or anything.)
4) My favorite Bath and Body Works body wash (at least their will be one Sweet Pea smellin' girl in the wilderness--let's just hope the mosquitoes don't eat her alive).
Grrr.
So much for my uplifting experience at Girl's Camp. Now I have to go through the week--with bad hair. Next year, I'm hiding the big duffel bag--and my hair stuff.
The G-Camp Funnies
(true story)
This morning, Savvy asked, "Mom, do you miss Jay yet?"
I answered, "Ummm. Sure. She has all my hair stuff."
I answered, "Ummm. Sure. She has all my hair stuff."
She sighed, "I've missed her since yesterday."
Aussie added, "I'll miss her being gone when she gets home."
Ba-da-bump.
5 comments:
Love your response to Savvy's question- and I'm still laughing at Aussie's. Oh, you'll be happy to know I used the term "curses" this week and thought "oh the impact of a well-written blog..."
A is such a boy! I love it!
Every year I am surprised at how much CR_P the girls bring to girl's camp to make themselves beautiful (some leaders too). Who are they trying to impress? There are no boys there!
I am like the camp make-up grinch. I think it is such a waste of time! But I am happy to know that J will have the cutest hair there. She is my favorite!
Oh man, we need a word to describe the things that kid says. Kind of like when someone "jeffs it up" but only to describe the brutal honesty which is Aussie... lol
Apparently Jay packed her own bags. hehee!
It is funny how the young ones seem to think that they need to glam it up. I think by the time you have gone for a few years you just don't care - they finally realize that there are no boys.
Jo's right about the leaders sometimes they are the worst ones about primping. I am definitely not one of them. I'm the one smiling when they mention only one shower per stay. I hate getting ready. And your camping for goodness sakes.
I love your experience with girls camp though. The homefront perspective. I should have had Jon blog about his that probably would have been comical too.
I Love your blog. You have changed! You look fabulous! Man, A's comment makes me laugh so hard, I can sooooo relate! Boys - love em!
Post a Comment