Friday, July 11, 2008

What a Crock

Tonight's Menu? Chicken Crockatore
(5 out of 5 Hansen's like this meal--but only one gave it a 10--me)
1 onion, sliced and diced
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (or 12 chicken tenderloins from the package of frozen Costco chicken)
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp pepper
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
3 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 jar of spaghetti sauce
4 oz can sliced mushrooms (I left this out--there is only one person in my family who likes mushrooms--and it ain't the chef)

Place onions in bottom of crockpot. Add remaining ingredients. Cover. Cook on low for 8 hours. Serve over hot spaghetti. (There were actually 4 Chicken Cacciatore recipes in my "Fix it and Forget Cookbook". So, I've combined the recipes using what I thought sounded like a good mix (2 recipes had tons of ingredients and 2 had very few). I also decided to throw in some Parmesan cheese and more pepper (it only called for 1/4 tsp)--I may add in another jar of spaghetti sauce if it doesn't look saucy enough later in the day--I'll keep you posted on how it all turns out).

3 comments:

Shannon said...

That sounds so good! I will have to try it out. I am all over crockpot cooking! The cub scouts don't leave until right before dinner on Tues. and I am always wiped out when they leave. So I do a crockpot meal on Tues. when I remember. Usually it is just chicken, potatoes, and carrots. And I usually hear "Mom not again!" So thanks for the yummy idea.

Jolene said...

I want to know how this one turns out. I am not a fan of jarred spaghetti sauce - but when you add all of this stuff, I'm sure it tastes better. I am trying the coconut one tonight.

Gayle Menlove said...

I love your recipes, I work so how great would it be to come home to a house that smells like dinner! Thanks for the recipes.

I love the scout tales, I read them to Steve, we both laughed and it made me miss you!