I realize that this is a way-random/boring thing to be spotlighting on "I Heart Thursday". But, I do heart extended warranties! I really do.
About 9 years ago, we bought a new Whirpool washer and dryer. After 4 years, the washer broke. We paid $150 to fix it the first time. Six months later, paid another $100 to fix it the second time. And when it went out the third time we smacked ourselves on the forehead and wished we would've just replaced it the first time around.
Hindsight, my dears, hindsight.
So, four years ago, we replaced our piece-o-junk with a washer from Sears. This time, DH decided it would be extra smart to buy an extended warranty.
Last week, our washer went out again {what can I say--I'm hard on washers}. The evening we were planning on heading out and purchasing a new washer--DH vaguely remembered that he had bought an extended warranty. With the way Murphy's Law runs around in our neck of the woods--I figured it would be a 3 year warranty.
After 45 minutes of phone calls and shenanigans--DH discovered that yes, we had bought an extended warranty--parts and labor--and it was for 5 years!
{Of course, we did have to wait a week for Mr. Fix-it to be able to fit us into his schedule--THAT was painful}.
Mr. Fix-it came yesterday--and replaced the pump and some agitator whatsits--and it was all for free!
So, yes, loyal readers, I totally heart extended warranties
{if only we could have purchased one for everything else on the brink of breaking in our house!}
So, what do you wish you had an extended warranty on?
4 comments:
We have an extended warranty on our washer also. And have already used it. Got to love them.
Jeb says for all us woman there should be a extended warranty so that after we have kids we can just go back and say hey it broke I need it fixed. It would make all mens lives better and of course their wifes.
We are so cheap that I don't know if we have ever bought an extended warranty. And if we have we totally have forgotten to use it. Luckily for us in the new house everything is still under warranty! Yeah for that!
Most of the stuff that would break down now isn't something we would want to fix anyway it's so old. Except for the cars. That is one we should have bought a lifetime warranty on. UGH!
Well, The appliance poltergeist struck our house so there are lots of things I wish we would have had an extended warranty on...live and learn...we now know all too well about that HINDSIGHT :-)
Post a Comment