Sunday, August 3, 2008

If My Life Were a Movie...Part Three

The Trophy Wife
by Sassy Mama
*due to the graphic nature of my tails'
tale this story is rated PG-13
**Click HERE for Part One and HERE for Part Two

And now for the rest of the story...

Once upon a time, a loving, kind, generous, beautiful, fault-free okay, I know I'm laying it on a little thick here--but give me a break--I'm about to share my utmost embarrassing moment ever!

Anyway, once upon a time, a very Sassy Mama cooked dinner for her family. It had been a long and strenuous day at church--and this self-sacrificing mother--decided to actually cook a meal instead of saying, "Just eat cereal" (which she had done the previous three nights before--so there was a little guilt there).

On the menu? Chicken Alfredo--which just so happened to be a fan favorite in her household.


As Sassy Mama finished alfredoing the chicken, she called her lovely, glorious family to the dinner table.

"Come and eat, my darlings," she sweetly said.

Nothing happened. Nobody came.

Moving closer to the basement, Sassy Mama again said through gritted teeth a little louder "Come and eat!"

Still. Nobody. Came.

After waiting for the appropriate amount of time to pass, okay--so she started yelling before 5 seconds had even passed, she calmly hollered,
"Hansen's! Get your fannies up here and eat before dinner gets cold. NOW!"

The golden child, known only as Auzy, came a running. {This is a child that recognizes when mama means business--as he has been on the business end of that voice many a time in his young life.}

"Where's your dad? Your sisters?" Sassy Mama asked.


"I dunno. Downstairs, I guess," he carefully answered.

"Hmmmph!" Sassy Mama said under her breath. "I cook dinner and this is the thanks I get? A cattle call minus the cattle?"


The martyr made her decision. She decided that enough was enough. It was time to prove a point. No more would dinners grow cold because of the lackadaisical attitude of the punks her family members.

Sassy Mama decided then and there, that she and Auzy would be eating dinner--without those heathens.


She dished up Auzy's dinner--and gave it to him. Then she dished up her dinner. Just before she sat down to the table--Sassy Mama decided to crack open a cold one. Taking a couple of swigs of her DC, she flopped down into her chair--without looking--without bracing herself for any possible pointy objects.

Sharp pain commenced.

Sassy Mama heard herself screaming in pain. Ironically--her family members came a runnin' for this sideshow. {If only she had known, she may have tried this tactic sooner.}

As she jumped to her feet, she saw the elusive culprit. Auzy's soccer trophy.






Pointy, Glittery, Sharp, Painful.






Sassy Mama felt her behind--and noticed a hole in her comfy, gnome PJ's. She made a mad dash to her bedroom as to survey the damage. In the mirror, she saw a two inch, glitter filled {albeit bloody} gash on her backside.


"Owwwwww!" she shouted.

Her DH tentatively knocked on the door. "Honey, can I come in?" he asked.


Laughing (and possibly crying a little bit), she yelled, "Nooo! This is too humiliating!" She started to add "And painful!" but DH was already unlocking the door with the hidden key. Curse you! Hidden key.

DH surveyed the lay of the land. Namely, Sassy Mama's arse. "Ooh, that looks painful." And that ladies and gentleman is what she loved about her DH--always observant.


"I'll be right back," DH said. "You need Neosporin and a BIG again with the keen observation bandaid."

And so began the hunt for Neosporin and bandaids.

After tearing every drawer and cupboard apart in the bathroom, DH moved onto the kitchen.


Sassy Mama kept shouting directions on where to look next--knowing that if she were able to get up and look herself she would have found 4 tubes of Neosporin and several boxes of bandaids by now.

DH employed the help of his children--and finally found bandaids. But, still no Neosporin!

Sassy Mama decided to intervene--and so she pulled her long t-shirt over her arse and began the hunt for red October the Neosporin. This walk of shame was one her family wouldn't soon forget it actually may involve a little therapy--but what are inheritances for?

But, the Neosporin was nowhere to be found. DH sent Sassy Mama back to her room--and promised he would take care of business.


Minutes later, DH came in and proudly said, "Neosporin is on the way. Jay will be bringing it back in a minute."

"You DID NOT call Petal!" Sassy Mama shrieked. "She will want to know what is going on! Jay will spill her guts! This is a disaster!"

"Calm down. I need to clean your wound," DH answered. "Ooh--why is there glitter in your cut?"

Stinkin' glittery trophy.

DH stated, "You might need stitches."

Sassy Mama replied, "If you think I'm going to take my big...{edited for content as this is a family friendly blog}.

Enter. Daughter with the Neosporin. "Petal wanted to know if everything was okay--and I told her you were a little injured--but other than that you were fine."

Nice. One.

Searching through the first aid kit, DH found the dreaded antiseptic and proceeded with the cleansing.

Sassy Mama's children heard screaming and became nervous. Was she dying? {Possibly of embarrassment, yes}

{Sassy Mama made note of the fact that antiseptic cleansers really do hurt like the dickens when poured onto a gaping wound--and vowed never to do that to her children again. Infection be da**ed}

Soon, Sassy Mama's wound was free of glitter, cleansed, and bandaged.

With all of the family, waiting with baited breath on the couch--wondering if Sassy Mama would ever walk again, she limped out and calmly said, "Let's eat. Before dinner gets cold." She figured her point had been made (and then some).

Morals of the Story:

For the Children: Come to the dinner table when your sassy mama calls you.

For the Sassy Mama: a) When tempted by a glistening can of cold DC, remember to look before you sit. b) Being a trophy wife ain't all its cracked up to be. c) writing in 3rd person is harder than it looks.

For the Dad: Invest in a case of Neosporin and bandages.

So what's your most embarrassing moment? And you'd better share!

7 comments:

Pam said...

OOOOH that was a painfully good embarrasing moment. Sorry, I can't help but laugh. Did you have to pull out the ole' doughnut pillow for this one? Glitter huh?

You know my embarrasing moment about landing bum down on the boys face at the basketball game. Beyond embarrasing in front of hundreds of people stopping the game for what felt like forever. I can't think about it without dying even after all these years.

Jolene said...

It was good the second time as well! I'm glad you came clean. I hope the wound comes clean soon as well!

My MEM is well known through our circle. It involves zebra print bikini panties, the stage at my high school and my hands in the pockets of my oh so 80s mini skirt.
The entire Senior Class of MHS 1980 something saw my undies.

One Sassy Mama said...

Umm--excuse me Pammi--but you left out the best part--you were in your cheerleading outfit and didn't you land on the hunkiest star of the basketball team--and weren't you totally crushin' on him?

AND Jo--yes --the hot pink zebra panties are a fan favorite. If you recall- my former most embarrassing moment was from my freshman year in college and it involved the entire USU Lacrosse team--and Fraternity house row --seeing my undies--as I walked home unawares.
Good times.

Anonymous said...

Well I've been waiting for the tale with much anticipation and you did not dissapoint. It was only in front of your family though, and that's good. What is not good is that my cousins are setting a trend (you w/ the trophy, Steve with the letter opener at G's) and now I'm starting to worry a little that this may run in the family...

Aloicoius said...

It was worth the wait. LOL

Heather said...

My Sierrah had a similar experience, I will tell since she doesn't read your blog she would kill me otherwise! She landed (bum first) on her brothers BASEBALL trophy, you know the one with the BAT sticking up!! OUCH!!
My most emb. moment was conducting the music in a church meeting w/ the stake and not having a CLUE as to what I was doing?? I think I have told you before. I cannot even READ music!!!

Unknown said...

That was so funny, and too accurate for words. I'm a published author so I'm going to tell you: Write a book!