I brought a crockpot dessert to enrichment tonight and found a fabulous recipe on A Year of Crockpotting blog. I made Apple Dumplings--and it is so easy! Plus-it made my house smell fab (too bad for my family...after smelling the goodness all afternoon they ended up dining on
Kraft Mac n Cheese).
Crockpot Apple Dumplings
2 cans of refrigerated crescent rolls
3 granny smith apples
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup sugar
1 cube butter
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup mtn dew (I did use mtn dew--but I think sprite/7up would work fine also)
Directions:
Spray your crock insert with cooking spray.
Peel and core apples.
Roll out the little triangles of crescent rolls. Fill each one with two apple slices & roll it up.
Pile the crockpot high with all of your little dumpling guys.
Melt the stick of butter in the microwave. Whisk in the cup of sugar, and the cinnamon and vanilla. Pour over the dumplings, making sure to get down in the nooks and crannies.
Then add 1 cup of Mountain Dew, the same way---pour it over the top. Prop lid open with a wooden spoon or chopstick and cook on high for 4-5 hours, or until the dough is brown and cooked through. (It only took 4 hours on high for mine to be done).
3 comments:
Your dumplings were yummy! - Thanks so much for all you did for Enrichment last night - it was great!
This is almost the same apple dumpling recipe that I got from Pioneer Woman and made for my family reunion with the Mt. Dew. Only I think that making them in the crock pot would be easier. I love me some crock pot desserts.
Do I get a copy of your ward cook book? Just asking... Not begging...
Sounds delish! You are the queen of the crockpot to me always making something yummy. Love the recipies - keep em coming.
My kids hate it when I make something that smells so good and they can't have any. It's a great lesson on the law of sacrifice anyway.
Post a Comment