Last week, when I picked the kids up from swim team, Aussie said, "I saw two disturbing things in the locker room today."
"Uh-oh," I said. "Did it involve nudity?"
"Yes," he answered. "First I saw a 2 year old running around naked in the locker room. Then I saw an old Japanese guy coming out of the shower. He was all old and wrinkly and he had hair all over his privates."
"Aussie, when you see someone naked you aren't supposed to stare," I said (speaking from experience).
"Uh-oh," I said. "Did it involve nudity?"
"Yes," he answered. "First I saw a 2 year old running around naked in the locker room. Then I saw an old Japanese guy coming out of the shower. He was all old and wrinkly and he had hair all over his privates."
"Aussie, when you see someone naked you aren't supposed to stare," I said (speaking from experience).
"Okay," he said.
"Hey! There he is!" Aussie shouted, pointing in the direction of the doors.
{Yup. We all stared.}
But, at least he was fully clothed.
*******************************************************************
Tonight after scripture reading, we were having a discussion about the resurrection.
Savvy summed it up best when she said, "So when we get resurrected--we will be in a perfect stage of life, we will see Jesus, and we will be able to pet sharks and not get hurt?"
2 comments:
Leave it to Sav to think about the animals in the resurrection! I used to always wonder what an "asp" was - whenever we learned about children playing with an asp - it made me giggle.
I keep thinking of funny things to say about old Japanese man parts - but none of them are very appropriate. I will refrain.
Nudity and Sharks!
I think it is more the shock of seeing the nudity that makes you stare not necessarily that you want to see the nudity(speaking from experience of course).
I never thought about the whole sharks in heaven thing. I love how Savy thinks. They have always been my fear and now I can think of them in a whole new light. I can see it now "Let's go swimmin' with the Sharks today kids."
Post a Comment