We receive our next door neighbor, Petal's, mail on a regular basis. We don't have the same last name--but our husbands' have the same first name (El Jefe).
You would think the "El Jefe" mail would be the only mistaken mail we get. Nope. It doesn't seem to matter the name...we get the old mail switcharoo
on a regular basis.
It's really not that bad of a gig--I've looked through some pretty great magazines, catalogs--and I always appreciate her Christmas cards...they are friends with some cool people (just kidding, mostly).
Now, don't you fret. It's a two-way street around here. Petal has benefited countless times in receiving my mail--Victoria's Secrets coupons, the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit edition, Emergency Preparedness ads--
It's really not that bad of a gig--I've looked through some pretty great magazines, catalogs--and I always appreciate her Christmas cards...they are friends with some cool people (just kidding, mostly).
Now, don't you fret. It's a two-way street around here. Petal has benefited countless times in receiving my mail--Victoria's Secrets coupons, the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit edition, Emergency Preparedness ads--
we are definitely givers.
Usually, I notice the wrong mail and make the transfer before I've even left my mailbox (our mailboxes are side by side). But, occasionally the kids bring in the mail--and it's game over at that point.
Usually, I notice the wrong mail and make the transfer before I've even left my mailbox (our mailboxes are side by side). But, occasionally the kids bring in the mail--and it's game over at that point.
{For some reason, my kids and the mail end up like
my socks in the dryer--lost.}
Last Friday, I decided to make a quick trip over to Joann's to check out some crafty things. I brought my coupon that I had received in the mail a week or so ago. As the girl rang up my items, I began to
Last Friday, I decided to make a quick trip over to Joann's to check out some crafty things. I brought my coupon that I had received in the mail a week or so ago. As the girl rang up my items, I began to
get my coupon ready.
At that moment, I really and truly promise!
At that moment, I really and truly promise!
I tell no lie! I noticed that it wasn't my name on the coupon--but Petal's name. I did what any good neighbor would do...I partook of her 40% off savings. I know it was naughty of me--but it was going to expire the next day {besides, I saved 4 whole dollars!}
{And then can I tell you what a good Samaritan Petal's coupon turned out to be? The lady behind me bought over $200 worth of scrapbooking supplies {I've never seen so many scrappy paper pads bought in my life--it was quite amazing} and she forgot her coupon! So, I offered up Petal's coupon--
{And then can I tell you what a good Samaritan Petal's coupon turned out to be? The lady behind me bought over $200 worth of scrapbooking supplies {I've never seen so many scrappy paper pads bought in my life--it was quite amazing} and she forgot her coupon! So, I offered up Petal's coupon--
and she saved $8! }
So, what's the worst thing you've ever stolen
from your neighbor?
7 comments:
I'm likin' the name Petal- so cute! Plus it sounds like she gets good mail. I've gotten my neighbor's netflix movies in the mail. And she's gotten ours. Let's just say it keeps us on the straight and narrow when we pick our movies!
So that's where all my coupons have been going. Did you get my economic stimulus check also? Nice new outfits you have there...
And what's up with Victoria Secret? You claim your husband got his name on their mailing list from his single purchase of some "fancy cremes and lotions" (...in my best Nacho Libre impression...). Yeah, right. Now you are going to tell me he buys socks there also.
I like to use the term "borrowing" from our neighbors. Not that I do that either since our neighbors that we have now live an alternative lifestyle (if you know what I mean) and I'm not sure I want to get into that kind of borrowing???
I will confess though I'm pretty sure I've also used a coupon that may not have been mine....
Ally--I would hate to be judged by my movie choices--good call and sticking to the straight and narrow on that one--go to blockbuster for the more risque--hehe.
Actually, Petal, El Jefe buys his socks at the store next door to Victoria's Secret--which is how he ended up buying fancy cremes and lotions for me in the first place -- hehe
Pammi - I did not know you had neighbors of an alternative lifestyle--I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I doubt you will be getting any Joanns coupons of theirs by mistake.
I am fascinated that her name is petal.I'm going to go visit her to see what that's all about.
I don't steal from the neighbors, but I coulda. Two years after my sister moved from across the street, the new neighbors asked us if we knew the garage code (course I did). They had never changed it!
Dangit, Petal, why don't you get a blog, so I can stalk you?
Speaking of stealing from neighbors, I'm pretty sure I still have some stuff from you. But you haven't missed it right?
Post a Comment