On Sunday, Jay made the absolute best brownies I have ever tasted {they happen to be from our new ward recipe book}. Those brownies made every hour I spent on typing up the cursed thing...all worth it. I'm not joking. It was a love affair divine.
{Oh--and so was Jay's dedication to the boy she loves. She professed her love to dear "Blair Bear" in sprinkles. I chose to dedicate my love to the brownies with a glass of milk. Yum!}
Here's the recipe in all its glory!
Our Favorite Brownies
Cream in mixer:
1 1/4 cups softened butter* (Jay halfed the butter--and they were still divine)
2 2/3 cups granulated sugar
Add:
6 eggs
Beat until fluffy then blend in:
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. vanilla
Add:
2 cups flour
2 cups flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. salt
Mix thoroughly – will lighten up – about 1 minute.
Spread in greased jelly roll pan.
Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 20-25 minutes.
*or use ½ cup shortening and 3/4 cup butter.
*or use ½ cup shortening and 3/4 cup butter.
Frost cooled or warm w/recipe below:
Brownie Frosting
½ cup butter
½ cup powdered cocoa
3½ - 4 cups powdered sugar
3½ - 4 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup milk (or more as needed--I think Jay doubled that)
Mix with electric mixer until smooth.
Mix with electric mixer until smooth.
Delicious!
2 comments:
Oh Blair Bear, who couldn't love you with a name like that? It's so fun to say.
Also, I am SO trying these next time I go to a potluck! I'm actually going to one today but I'm lacking an enormous amount of cocoa powder.
OK YUMMMM! That looks so good right now that I am salivating. I think instead of cookies this next Sunday I will have the kids make these. I love when kids cook. Way to go Jay.
Post a Comment