Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Cousin's Plea

My cuzin Jenny emailed me a blogging request..a question of sorts for my loyal readers. A quandary that she says, "has haunted women throughout the ages".

Her quest involves
the search for:


Not a nice sensitive guy...
...she's already got one.

A babysitter?
Nope. Her famous mom (Auntie G) lives down the street
...as does her sister, Amy.
Loyal Readers, my dearest Jenners is in search of some fabulous mascara.

Jenny says, "I am currently in a very unsatisfying relationship with Revlon Fabulash (despite it's very promising name!), and I can't help myself looking for more. I need the experience, the beauty, the help of the weak-lashed in the feminine blogging world to reach out and help a sista! {Sadly, I need to limit suggestions to the Walmart, Target, ShopKo type products--I don't care what the Republicans say, there's a recession goin' on and there ain't no way I'm talking the DH into $20 stuff to make my eyelashes prettier! A $20 boob job I could talk him into--but eyelashes ain't his thing ! And If you quote me and put that on your blog I'll hunt you down and hurt you! And then so will Toby!"}



Loyal Readers, for years I have used the green and pink cheapy bottle of mascara--obviously I am not a connoisseur of mascara. But, just last week, Jay needed a new bottle of mascara and I was getting low too. I happened to be at Target and found a 2 pack of Colossal mascara for like $8. I bought it and tried it over the weekend. Both me and Jay agree its great--nice and fluffy lashes all the way.


So, what's your favorite mascara? Share!

P.S. Jenn..that boob job comment was just to funny to pass up...and I would daresay that El Jefe would second Toby's motion--in mascara and boob jobs.

P.P.S. Names have been crossed out to protect the innocent.

9 comments:

Aloicoius said...

Here's my mascara secret: I always use 2 different kinds of mascara! I put on a layer of whatever (right now is Fabulash) and then I ALWAY follow it up with the pink and green mascara. I can't remember the brand, maybe Maybeline? Anyways, the Maybeline is GREAT for thickening but it tends to make my lashes clumpy. So I use another kind (usually what's on sale) to separate and then use the pink/green to plump. There's my two cents!

Anonymous said...

I feel there may have been too much information shared in the blog by all parties. But moving on...I have no good advice. I always use the free mascara that comes during gift week at Clinique and I'm not thrilled with it, but then again maybe I have stupid eyelashes that can't be saved. I just may try the good ol'green/pink stuff next.

Jolene said...

I'm all about the Maybelline green and pink mascara as well. I try all kinds but I always go back to my first love - my Jr. High mascara - the pink with the green lid.

Gayle Menlove said...

Okay, I had to trudge upstairs to see who makes my favorite brand. It's Cover Girl Professional in the blue tube, easily found in the Walmart isle. I like it because it wears longer and doesn't come off. I guess I could have just called your cousin and told her.

Jen said...

Even though you took my funny comments written to you in the middle of the night and publicized them on the web (!,) I do appreciate all the ideas (although at least two of them I could have just called!)

:oD

Can't wait to try the two masacaras trick!

Pam said...

I have no loyalty to any one mascara. I just buy the cheapest or whatever I have a coupon for. I do love buying them when they are buy one get one free at Walgreens or CVS though then I don't have to buy any for a while and I feel like it's a bargain. But don't ask me advice about makeup because I could get it at the dollar store and be happy as much as I actually wear it.

Heather said...

I too, buy the pink/green mascara. I may have to venture out and try this brand you bought.
I am not much of a make-up person but, I do like wearing mascara?
How DO you cross out the names like that?? I have always thought that was SO neat but don't have a clue how to do it.

Heather said...

Sweet, thanks! I can't wait to try it out. Now- could you give me writing lessons?? You are so clever, wish my blog was as fun to read as yours!!

Unknown said...

I think I have bought just about every mascara ever created...and to date I have one that I am staying with!!!

It is the Loreal Telescopic

http://www.lorealparisusa.com/mascara/telescopic-original-mascara.htm

even when I am in a rush my lashes turn out pefect!!

I love it and have stayed with it...

Cheers,
Diana