Aussie and Savvy went to their first competitive swim meet this weekend in Park City. Good times were abounding--even if the weather was rainy, cold and blah.
After swimming in his first race, Aussie talked to his coach. She gave him a pep talk, and then instructed him to go to the cool down pool and swim a 100 easy {translation: 100 yards nice & slow--FYI: 100 yards is up one length of the pool and back--twice}.
Noticing that Aussie had been cooling down for quite a while, I headed over to the cool down pool. There he was swimming his little heart out.
"Aussie, hop out," I said. As he climbed out of the pool, I asked, "What are you doing, bud?"
"Finishing my laps," he answered. "Coach told me to swim 100 laps and I'm only on 48."
Poor kid.
His cool down needed
a cool down.
3 comments:
At least he was still counting. I would have given up long before 48!
Poor Aussie is right. I tried swimming laps like my kids did for swim team and I couldn't make it through 3 or 4 without dying. I can't even imagine how many they have to do at practice let alone 48. He is going to be one strong kiddo.
Wow 48 laps - I can't even immagine - Poor Aussie
Post a Comment