Sunday, June 17, 2007

My Husband...the Conspiracy Theorist

When I decided to start up my own blog (a whole 6 days ago) - I emailed the link to my husband. Everyday I would ask him if he had checked out my blog. Every day he hadn't.

As of Saturday, he still hadn't checked it out. At one point during the day - I happened to be in the office at the same time with him. I decided to force him to check it out - I mean, I'm baring my soul here - it's the least he could do right?

He finally explained to me why he hadn't been pro-blog-shenanigans. He said he hadn't viewed my blog yet because he was afraid of what he was going to see. Namely, the names. I found out that my husband is a true conspiracy theorist.

I tried to defend my blog saying I only used our first names - there wasn't any social security numbers or bank information posted etc. But, as he read my 3 measly blogs - he informed me that predators could find me, the kids, & even my bros and sister (stinkin' abc's of me). He really encouraged me to make this a private blog - like an invitation only kind of blog (which in all honesty isn't that bad of an idea - just annoying and really just another step for people who probably didn't want to read it in the first place - and now I'm adding another step to add to their pain?)

In my opinion, there are two extremes of bloggers. The ones who are like my husband, and don't want names, locations or even events they are attending - mentioned at all on the internet. Then there are the bloggers who not only post their first and last names, but they post pictures of their cute kids - vacation plans, addresses, etc.

I like to think I fall somewhere in between. In my blog, you will not see a single, solitary picture of anyone in my family (unless I decide to claim Paris Hilton as my long lost sister). You also won't see me go completely anonymous - going to "initials" confuses the heck out of me- I mean don't we have enough acronyms in this world? But, you will see personal (and hopefully humorous) stories about my life, my church, and my family - and sometimes even my extended family - cuz let's face it - most of em' are crazy!

So, for the sake of my husband's conspiracy's (and in his defense he didn't even ask me to do this - he just wants me to privatize it-and be done with it) , I will from now on refer to him as DH (dear hubby) and my kids using nicknames Jay, Aussie and Savvy. If you know me, that will be enough - if you don't know me then according to statistics you probably just want to kill or maim me anyway - so tough luck to you(hehe).

6 comments:

Jolene said...

I forgot I wasn't supposed to use his name - I hope he doesn't read these comments. If he does - MYDFDH (my dear friend's dear husband) don't get mad at me.

Anonymous said...

This edited comment is from Jolene - she said, Your DH has put the fear in you! I'm not sure where I fall in this. On the family blog we started last year, we put names, pictures, plans etc... I can't imagine that anyone was really that interested. If you happened across our blog or if you googled "young women" you would just read a bunch of truly uninteresting things. The blogs of the ladies in my ward - they are pretty much all pictures and vacation reports... I don't know yet what I will do - but I will figure it out.

jmemmott said...

Could you please fwd this to your dh? SDH(sisters dear husband) I feel your pain. OR should I say I'm sure Rob feels your pain right now. And pretty soon you will be feeling the pain of 2 instead of 1. I'm sooo sorry. By the way that was way to thought provoking, I had put HIS name in and then had to go back and delete and put these letters in. AAAHHHH! ok Next time I'll have to think before I start typing. I don't think this even makes sense anymore.

Pam said...

You just write what you gotta write and don't let anyone scare you. Although you know throughout our friendship there has been many a time when initials have been a big part of the vocabulary so I guess it really isn't anything new that you should have to use(DH) and such. I guess the cold, hard fact here is that we are not just trying to keep names from little ears anymore, the internet is a vast world of who knows who. None of this changes the fact that I love reading your blog :)

Jolene said...

I love the new title and your profile. There is so much fun stuff to find on here!! Stephenie Meyer wrote those book - but I understand how our minds get so stuck on Edward that it is Edward everything and Edward everywhere. It is our DH's who benefit from that!!

Jeff said...

Icney, ouryey logbey siey rettypey oolcey, iey avehey otey dmitaey.

oveley,

the hunky caballero