Having been married for 13 years, you would think the topic of Mayo vs Miracle Whip would've been discussed by now. Well, it didn't come up until last Friday. We were heading to Idaho for a swim meet - and to hurry things along I sent DH to the store with a short shopping list: Milk, bread, diet coke, snacks for the trip - and mayonnaise.
DH returned home with his shopping list (and then some - but that's another post for another day). He had done a pretty decent job of shopping - got some great deals. But instead of buying mayo - he bought a big jar of Miracle Whip - YUCK!
"Why did you buy this nasty Miracle Whip?" I asked. DH answered - "I've always like Miracle Whip better than Mayonnaise." I replied with, "What the?"
Now, I grew up on Miracle Whip - and once I went to college and tried Mayonnaise--I was sold. I vowed never to force Miracle Whip on my children (thereby doing the opposite by forcing Mayo on them).
Who knew that my husband felt so strongly about the dressing that goes on his sandwiches? I guess we will have to become like other couples in this world who instead of letting something divide them - they compromise. My fridge will now be a Mayo/Miracle Whip friendly fridge.
2 comments:
This is hilarious - we HAVE had the Mayo/Miracle Whip discussion at our house and fortunately we are both on the side of Mayo. Miracle Whip is disgusting. But we both gew up in MW households and then saw the light. I love homemade mayonnaise even better than store bought - but once you make it and see how bad it is for you - I'm back on store bought. I am a total mayonnaise snob too. I only like Kraft Mayo in the plastic oval shaped container. When it goes on sale, I stock up. Alan teases me about our food storage situation that at least there is CFDC and Mayo!
You know my food storage is DC, gum and now I'm hoarding what I have left of my potato pearls since they phased them out in Sept.
Post a Comment