Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Sunday Funnies

Yesterday, on the way to Jay's swim meet, Savvy started to play the license plate game. She loves to find license plates from various states - and gets really excited if they are from far away.

"Mom! Mom! Where is Misery?" She yelled excitedly.

I looked at the car causing all the hullaballoo and answered, "You mean Missouri?"


*******************************************************************

slang: \ˈslaŋ\ noun 1: an informal nonstandard vocabulary composed typically of coinages, arbitrarily changed words, and extravagant, forced, or facetious figures of speech

Recently, my 20 something brother, Andrew, got a job near my parents, moved back home and started working. Ange (11 years younger than me) has always brought us oldies the lingo of the young-uns (and as I say this -- yes, I'm feeling ancient).

Anyway, a couple of days ago, my mom and I were at Costco and I was showing her a swimsuit I was going to buy for Aussie. As I tried to decide between which size to get, I made the comment to my mom that I didn't want it too small--or he'd be out of it in a month. But, I also didn't want it so big that it would be falling off him as he climbed out of the pool.

Mom replied, "True that."

"Did you just say 'true that'?" I asked her laughingly.

With shifty eyes, (and a little embarrassed-I might add) she said, "Ummm, No - I said 'that's true'."

Loyal Readers - My 50-something-year-young mother has more fashionable lingo then her on-the-wrong-side-of-30-something daughter. I think it's time I gave my 'chillin' like a villain' baby brother a call.

Until then, how's this for my new signature line?

I'm bout' to roll solo--Peace out homedog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have always thought your mom was really funny- but this is a whole new level! My mom has to read this one.

Aloicoius said...

lol! I heart suz!