Carpet Replacement $1500, flood fans $4,000, ceiling fixed and paint--not sure, carpet pad installed and re tacked down, who knows -- having insurance that will pay for almost all of it-priceless.
It's a proud moment when you realize how good you are at doing things. Take flooding my home for instance - I have come to the knowledge that I am really, really good at it. The insurance adjuster came on Wednesday to tell us how much they'd give us for flood damage caused by me. For the house itself - he estimated $5000 worth of damage. That doesn't include what we will end up owing the flood company - which he figures will be around $4000. For a grand total of almost $10,000. Luckily, insurance will cover all but $1000. Not bad for a days work.
Over the past 13 years of my marriage, (that is so another post - I'll admit I think 13 is a very unlucky number - and DH does not agree with my feelings of this year being a jinx)--anyway - over the past 13 years, I haven't had so much as a traffic ticket. DH on the other hand has had lots of traffic tickets (okay - maybe not lots - but still they have cost us money).
Anyway - I've tried unsuccessfully to explain to DH that this one major money costing mistake is a once in a lifetime thing. I've told him that while he has chosen to nickel and dime us over a lifetime with his tickets - I have taken a different approach. Spend it all in one shot and then be good and careful the rest of my life. I do recognize that this will require quite a bit of watchfulness on my part - but I am willing to fulfill my end of the deal.
1 comment:
If my husband could only say the same about me... But, I feel your pain with the flood. And I stand by my previous comment about if you had never left Zion. At least you get some new carpet out of the deal...
Post a Comment