A common joke among citizens of the U.S. is that America's Finest (i.e. Cops) hang out at donut shops drinking coffee (or drinking root beer if you're in Utah). While this may be true in many areas, I'd like to call your attention to a place known as...Tai Pan Trading (and for today at least--the cop shop).Today whilst shopping at "Tai Pan Trading" with my dear cousins, Jenny and Allyson -- we had the opportunity to see one of Utah's finest (a Highway Patrolman) assisting his wife with an enormous mirror. All of his police training in the weight room really came in handy - cause I'm not kidding folks, this was a really heavy mirror.
It did my heart good to know that not all cops are out trying to get their quota of tickets from the natural (wo)man -- some of them are actually serving others in their time of need (okay, so it was his wife and there may have been some coercion involved).
It brought a tear to my eye, as the courageous highway patrolman smiled and loaded his wife's mirror into her fancy SUV. Then he gallantly jumped into his car and headed off rather quickly--as if in pursuit of something very important. Perhaps he was giving his wife a police escort to Rod Works--or maybe even Interior Elements?
So, for your integrity, patience, and your willingness to go beyond the line of duty: I salute you, Mr. Highway Patrolman.
2 comments:
I think you are trying to tease me by mentioning all of my favorite stores 11 days before my visit.
Maybe he was going for a medal of honor for service on duty. A man in a womans favorite store letting her buy something famous and then carrying it for her is quite noble. I'm so proud of our men in blue.
Did you get fancy stuff there yourself?
Post a Comment