Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Sunday Funnies (Conference Edition)

Two undeniable proofs that my children are indeed prodigies of a sports nut.

This morning, just before conference started -- Savvy said to Jay, "At halftime will you jump on the trampoline with me?"

********************************************************************

I printed off some fun conference activities for the kids to do while listening to conference today. One of those activities was to write in the name of our newly appointed apostle, Elder D. Todd Christofferson. I told the kids to watch for him because he would be speaking today. When Elder Christofferson was announced to give his talk, the kids hurried to try and write his name in the appropriate spot (before it disappeared off the tv screen). His name is rather long - and so Aussie informed us he was just going to write "D-Todd". DH informed him that Elder Christofferson is an apostle not a baseball player - with some gentle encouragement (i.e. threats) Aussie changed his answer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jumping on the trampoline during 1/2 time sounds great. We need to get one!

Jen said...

I also filled in my paper with D-
Todd! Nothing wrong with being the coolest apostle! (And I thought it sounded more like an NBA player, or maybe rapper, than baseball player!)

Jen said...

Our own Sunday Funny:
Sam is reading a series of books called Great Americans at school. We just finished Albert Einstein and we were checking out the list for ideas on which book to check out next. I suggested the Wright Brothers. He responded by saying, "Oh I know who they are--they invented Looney Toons!"

No son, that would be the Warner Brothers!

One Sassy Mama said...

Sam is so cute! How funny!