Friday night, DH took our family to see the The Bees (SLC Triple A baseball team), play some b-ball. Admittedly, I pride myself on knowing a bit about the greatest American pasttime (okay-so I fake most of it--but still).When DH, Jay and Savvy went on a snack run--I decided it would be the perfect time to discuss the merits of baseball with my 9 year old son.
"So, Aussie--the Bees are losing 9-4. Do you think they'll be able to get back into the game?" I asked.
"Ummm. Mom? The Bees are losing 4-0--not 9-4."
"Ohh, Aussie. I think I would know what the score is. Just look over at the score board and you'll see what I'm talking about," I replied.
Looking embarrassed for me, he said, "Ummm. Mom? You're looking at the HITS not the RUNS."
"Errrr...and RUNS means SCORE?" I sheepishly asked.
"Yup."
"Uh, Aussie?" I whispered. "Let's just keep this conversation between me and you."
"So, Aussie--the Bees are losing 9-4. Do you think they'll be able to get back into the game?" I asked.
"Ummm. Mom? The Bees are losing 4-0--not 9-4."
"Ohh, Aussie. I think I would know what the score is. Just look over at the score board and you'll see what I'm talking about," I replied.
Looking embarrassed for me, he said, "Ummm. Mom? You're looking at the HITS not the RUNS."
"Errrr...and RUNS means SCORE?" I sheepishly asked.
"Yup."
"Uh, Aussie?" I whispered. "Let's just keep this conversation between me and you."
"Kay," he answered.
Good times.
4 comments:
What a good son you have to keep your secret safe with him! As for the scoreboards at those games, who can see what the heck they say?
Are the Bees the same team that used to be the Buzz like 15 years ago? I try and talk to Devon about golf and he just looks at me like I have horns or something.
My computer is still busted. I am at the library using their computer and there is a transvestite sitting RIGHT NEXT TO ME!
I know that was rude - but i had to tell someone!
Ally - I agree = those scoreboards are impossible to read!!
Jo - yes they are Bees formally known as the Buzz (DH kept correcting me everytime I called them the Buzz). AND by the way - I'm totally freaked out that there are transvestites in Mesa - eew!
Post a Comment