One of my friends asked me the other day why DH and I chose to get married on St Patrick's day. I told her so I could pinch him in the temple and not get in trouble (reality: it was the first day of spring break for USU and it also happened to be March 17th - the break is short anyway - so we went with St Patty's day).
Last month, we celebrated our anniversary a little bit early in Hawaii (which I still haven't blogged about - but you know how something so fantastic happens - and you want to blog about it but it's so overwhelming to organize your thoughts -- so you blog about other stuff thinking eventually you'll have time to think about Hawaii - and then you never do?) Anyway - we called Hawaii our anniversary gift to each other - but I still wanted to make today special.
So, you may be wondering what kind of fabulous evening I have planned for our big 14th (which by the way - this morning when Jay asked how many years we had been married and I said 14 - she said - "Man - you guys are old." Nice)?
Well, first I need to clean the house - or I'll just be onery all day. Then I need to shop for some springy clothes for the kids as we are going to AZ in a couple of days. The kids will get home and I'll get homework out of the way. Then, I'm taking Aussie for a haircut - because his goal to grow a shag is interfering with my goal to have a son that doesn't look like a woolly mammoth. After that, I'll run the twins to swim team. We'll get home around 730 - and have a late dinner of Saucy Chicken (DH's fav), green mashed potatoes (kids fav), asparagus (my fav? I wanted to feel included), green salad, and top it off with lime green jello cake (my mom's secret recipe is always a crowd pleaser).
I know - the celebration of 14 years is just blowing you away isn't it? Yes - I agree, I should go into party planning.
After that, DH and I will exchange gifts -- this is where I tell DH about the fabulous Hawaii scrapbook that was supposed to be done as a surprise for our anniversary - which I haven't even started yet because everything family and everything Relief Society got in the way. After that, we'll put kids to bed, fill out our March Madness Brackets and maybe watch a movie. Again, I know, you are all jealous. Try to contain yourselves please.
3 comments:
Sassy Momma, Congratulations on 14 years. I acutally remembered it was your anniversary today. I remembered. Way to go girl, we are all jealous of such a fun anniversary Day.
Last night we had Family Home Evening with a family in our ward. He does some business with Alan and they talk quite a bit at church etc... While we were sitting around having treats (I was nursing a water bottle so I would not be tempted by the yummy sundaes everyone was eating) the other man asked Alan "when did you say you were going on that trip for your anniversary?" Alan said "I didn't" and quickly tried to change the subject. I was all ears - what is this a trip for our anniversary? He will not give up any information! I bugged both of them all night trying to get the scoop but no one is talking! I know we won't be as famous as you with your Hawaii trip - you better bring some pictures to show us when you come down!
CONGRATULATINS on 14 years golly I remember like it was yesterday. If you think 14 years is lucky, wait till 63 wonderful years comes around. they are all wonderfull. Love you
Post a Comment