Sunday, April 13, 2008

And then there was that Sunday when....

This morning, I had to go to church early to practice with some other ladies for a musical number during sacrament meeting. As we crowded around the piano, one of the gals came in late (whilst we were singing). Trying to make room for her I took a step back...right into the riser. Picture it: me falling backwards, music pages flying everywhere--grasping on to the nearest thing--which happened to be a sweet 70 year old soprano--who nearly joined me on the floor. Nicely done. Thank goodness there were only a few witnesses to my unselfish fall.

And then...
Since DH was home with a bad back--the kids had to walk to church. As they came walking in during the opening song...

...Jay looked like a STREETWALKER with all the BLUE EYESHADOW she had caked on to her lovely eyes...

...Savvy's bangs looked like a SCARECROW because Jay had flat-ironed them for her - only they were sticking out straight from her forehead...

...and Aussie looked like an ORPHAN with his long sleeve, semi-whitish-mostly-stained t-shirt (no collar) that I have occasionally let him wear UNDER sweaters at church.

If only all Sundays could be as fulfilling as today. Did I mention, nicely done?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh just think of it this way...see how needed and valued you are at home on Sunday mornings, making it possible for them to look like the darling kids they are? Where would they be without their fashion forward mom? As for the riser situation-that just sucks, I HATE embarassing moments, but they make for good coversation in later years.

Jolene said...

Remember the Sunday when you wore your tennies to church and you had to leave during Sacrament meeting to go and change before primary?

One Sassy Mama said...

Ummmmm Jo - thanks for that reminder! Maybe that will be my next Sunday Funny - hehe.

Pam said...

Ah, I can picture it now the pride you must have felt seeing your darling children walk in. Probably enhanced by your earlier stumble episode. Just chalk it up to another crazy Sunday. Which sounds pretty normal at my house, especially now that church starts at 8:00.