Preparations for my upcoming AZ visitors are underway! I started working on the basement yesterday. Unfortunately, I'm a very destructive cleaner. When I clean one room--I always mess up 3 more--just one of my idiosyncrasies I guess.
Last night when DH came home and saw his precious ping pong table was covered in piles of crafts (as I tried to organize things), he was a little worried (well, actually he was mostly annoyed--but in case he's reading this I'll stick with worried).
DH has every right in the world to be "worried" (i.e. "annoyed") because usually when my craft room is this bad--it takes me a week to dispose of the evidence mess. We are having a get-together at our house Saturday evening --and the likelihood of Hurricane Nicole not being cleaned up is a high possibility.
So, Loyal Readers, I have put myself on restriction today. I've made a pledge - that I will not get on the internet today until I've finished the cleaning the disaster area that I lovingly call: basement.
P.S. Of course, I realize that by posting this I have already broken my pledge - but what's one little slip up among friends?
P.S.S. I have not restricted myself from phone privileges - so if you want to call and send your condolences then please do! (I'd love the distraction company).
3 comments:
If you are reading this, I hope you are all done cleaning! :) j/k I try to restrict myself as well some days. Glad you all had the sickness last week and you are all well and ready for your company. Have a super fun week!
Do not overdo the cleaning just for us. I'm sure we all have rooms that need a little lovin so there will be no judging from any of us. I guess I should just speak for myself about the scary room though maybe everyone elses houses really are freakishly clean.
I can totally relate to the bigger mess when cleaning I do the same thing and then I get distracted and it gets left that way for awhile. Not so good!
Can't wait for next week.
Good luck to you, you brave soldier! Cleaning is the worst, that's going to be my favorite thing about the millenium, no dust!
Post a Comment