These two things naturally gave her a tummy ache. She is convinced that the snake was full of "disease" and it gave her "diabetes" (not sure where she got this idea--although I have warned her to not touch dead birds or mice cause they are full of disease - not diabetes folks, just disease).
The aches & pains went downhill from there. Yesterday, her tummy ached so bad she said it hurt to breathe -- and at one point she dramatically complained that she was going to die - and that she only had 1/2 of a life left. Thankfully (and I mean--Hallelujah! Sing Praises!), she seems to be feeling a little better today -- in spite of the fever and stomach ache that she still has.
This morning, I opened the blinds and Savvy looked outside and saw the spring blossoms on our trees. She said, "Mom! There are flowers all over the trees - when did that happen?"
"Over the weekend sweetie," I answered.
"You mean I've been sick since Winter and now it's Spring?" she sadly said.
"Ummmm....I guess....wanna treat or something?" I asked.
So, today Savvy decided that she deserved some good times since she hadn't been outside for 3 whole days and she had practically missed everything wonderful about Spring!
First she asked very sickly like, "Mom, will you read "The Princess Academy" to me?
"Sure," I replied.
Then, Savvy pathetically asked, "Mom, will you go get me a Mango-a-go-go at Jamba Juice so that I can drink it while you read it to me?"
"You bet," I said.
A short time later, with a little cough and a moan, she asked, "Mom, when you get home with my Mango-a-go-go, can I get in a warm bubble bath and drink it---while you read to me?"
"Okaaay," I laughed a little bit.
This dialogue, reminded me of what I was like as a kid. I remember staying home on sick days with my mom. Those were some good times. We'd play games, watch TV, eat fun snacks, drink plenty of diet coke (I promise!), play more games. It was way more fun staying home with my mom than going to school!
So, I guess the old saying is true...
"Ummmm....I guess....wanna treat or something?" I asked.
So, today Savvy decided that she deserved some good times since she hadn't been outside for 3 whole days and she had practically missed everything wonderful about Spring!
First she asked very sickly like, "Mom, will you read "The Princess Academy" to me?
"Sure," I replied.
Then, Savvy pathetically asked, "Mom, will you go get me a Mango-a-go-go at Jamba Juice so that I can drink it while you read it to me?"
"You bet," I said.
A short time later, with a little cough and a moan, she asked, "Mom, when you get home with my Mango-a-go-go, can I get in a warm bubble bath and drink it---while you read to me?"
"Okaaay," I laughed a little bit.
This dialogue, reminded me of what I was like as a kid. I remember staying home on sick days with my mom. Those were some good times. We'd play games, watch TV, eat fun snacks, drink plenty of diet coke (I promise!), play more games. It was way more fun staying home with my mom than going to school!
So, I guess the old saying is true...
...Like Mother, Like Daughter.
Update: Savvy is home again today! Guess I made it too fun for her yesterday? She still has a "bad, bad, baaaad" (her words) tummy ache--no fever. See, here's the thing--I'm a real nice mom until I feel that someone has overstayed their sickly welcome -- not that my flesh and blood, sweet, darling daughter has...yet.
I think I'll go remind her that if she misses school today she'll have to miss: activity days, soccer practice and mother/daughter book club tonight.
Come to think of it -- that's the line my mom used to tell me when I had been home sick for too may days...Like Mother, Like Daughter.
4 comments:
Savvy is so cute! I love the coat closet reasoning...and the disease ridden snke carcass! It sounds like she's making the most of her sick day, and that she has a fun mom to help her do that. Jamba juice....mmmm....
You are the nicest mom - there's no Jamba juice runs at our house! I want to be sick at your house!
Boy you are a nice mom. When my kids are sick they just lay around all day watching TV which after a few hours they are bored with and the next day even if they are still sick they tell me they are ready to go back to school. I guess I am no fun for them. Lucky for them they don't get sick very often.
Can I be sick at your house next time!!!
Al, Amy and Pammi - I am really not the nicest mom - I was driven by guilt since I spent most of the day on the phone & cleaning house. There had to be some reparations made - and seriously - I kinda was in the mood for a jamba juice - no real sacrifice there. Trust me - if I had blogged about the entire sick day you would be thinking I'm the laziest mom ever.
Post a Comment