{I am so in love with my new RS Cookbook...there are so many fun soup recipes. On Saturday, since I just love soup on a rainy Fall afternoon--I made up a Baked Potato Soup recipe well, I actually combined a couple of soup recipes because I was lacking ingredients for both and it was a big hit. Jay said it was "Zupa Worthy"--and since Zupa's happens to be my favorite place to eat..I felt honored. Austin & Savannah liked it so much they asked me to make it the very next day.}
Baked Potato Soup
{This is a great recipe for leftover baked potatoes...I had 6 small ones left from the night before so I threw 6 more in the microwave and it worked out just fine. I like my soup really chunky & potatoey...so adjust according to what you like.}
1/2 c onion diced
12 small baked potatoes peeled and cubed
1/2 c butter
1/2 c flour
3 c half and half
1 tsp salt
Dash pepper
4 c chicken broth
3 garlic cloves--minced
1 pkg of bacon strips cooked and crumbled {both recipes only called for 8-10 strips...but we love us some bacon--and besides my diet doesn't start till next week}
2 c grated cheddar cheese {Ummm...I didn't really measure this out..I just threw in 2 or 3 handfuls which I figured to be 2 cups}
Combine potatoes and onion in a soup pot. Pour in broth. Simmer for about 15 minutes. In a separate sauce pan, melt butter and add flour--stir and cook till bubbly. Pour flour mix into simmering pot of potatoes. Stir well and add milk, garlic & bacon. Do not boil. Just heat thoroughly for about 10 minutes. Add salt, pepper and cheese. Heat through and serve.
2 comments:
This sounds delicious! It is almost soup weather here - when it comes I will try this out!
Yum! You are so the domestic queen right now to me.
Maybe I will have to get brave and try this one. (Yes, I can even mess up soup).
Post a Comment