Saturday, November 22, 2008

Twilight...a little bit of Hoop... but not much La

Today, I saw the much anticipated Twilight with one of my BFF's, Natalie, and our daughters.

We bought our tickets online 3 weeks ago...when I happened to notice the theaters were selling out like crazy.
At that point, all of Friday's late afternoon and evening shows were pretty much sold out. So, we opted for a lovely Saturday matinee.

Enter Stage Left: A Lovely Matinee.

Of course, I realized that Twilight couldn't possibly live up to all the hoopla.


What I didn't expect was the YouTube Twilight spoofs would upstage the actual movie. Every time I'd see a scene from Twilight--I'd think of the spoof and start to laugh a little. I think Natalie has bruises on her arm from all the times I elbowed her and giggled.

I didn't hate the movie. I just found fault with a few okay lots of key points: The screenwriters..what were they thinking? The casting? C'mon! although I didn't mind James and Bella Edward's glittering diamond-face scene--my daughter glitters more than that with good ole fashioned body glitter. The cheese factor. The black and white flashback scenes--so silent movieish.

Luckily, the target audience was not a couple of moms hyped up on diet coke.

Our teenage daughters loved Twilight. Adored Twilight. Wanted to go see Twilight again!

As a matter of fact, on the way home, when Nat and I commenced with the mockery--we were almost lynched by our own flesh and blood.

Jay even said--with all the drama that a 13 year old drama queen could muster, "Stop! Or We will shun you!"

I think my cousin, Jenny, summed it up best when she emailed me, "If that movie were any cheesier, it would've come with free nachos!"

Have you seen Twilight yet? What did you love? Not love? Inquiring minds want to know!

2 comments:

gotta go girl said...

Perfect description of the movie! It was very fun anyway....

Anonymous said...

Rosalee should've been WAY prettier, along w/ Carlile, and Edward DOES NOT drive a hatch-back! But besides that, I really thought it was fun and I like it a lot.