Friday, November 28, 2008

War Games


This morning, at 4:20 a.m. my MIL arrived for a fun-filled day of Black Friday. I hopped into her Explorer and we headed to Jerome--a town I didn't even realize existed until yesterday when I discovered that the nearest Walmart to my brother-in-law's house was about a 15 minute ride away.

We were hopped up on diet coke and ready to conquer the shopping world--Idaho Style. I foolishly thought that Idaho would be less of a rat race than Utah. I stand corrected.

It was a zoo!

{Wall to wall people--there was a point during my Walmart shopping where I did not move for a full 5 minutes--and I was wedged in between a smelly guy and my mother in law and that was just trying to bypass the produce deparment.

It was a disaster!

{We parked at least two blocks away from Walmart--I have never seen a Walmart parking lot maxxed beyond capacity.}

It was the craziest Black Friday experience of my life!

{But, I did get some good shopping done}

I came away from this experience with gratitude for the shopping scene in SLC.

But, it was all worth it--Christmas shopping 2008 has finally begun!

Let the ad-shopping games begin!

5 comments:

gotta go girl said...

Okay. Now I am officially glad I don't do Black Friday. So.... I slept in....puttered around. Read a chapter in my book, got caught up on e-mails, then my family came over and we dragged out the leftovers and snacked all day as we visited and watched movie after movie. We slept, we snored, we are ready for tomorrow! But I am jealous of your deals. I am so a good-deal-kinda-gal. It's the high of the "hunt" I try and explain to Jim. Actually he got up and did the Home Depot and Lowes ads and scored a bit. I was still asleep......

Jolene said...

Yay for Black Friday! I left my house at 3:45 and went to 9 stores and was home by 7:45 - none of the kids were even awake yet! Good times!

Jolene said...

p.s. I remember one year when your in-laws came to AZ for Thanksgiving- I ran in to you and your MIL out and about. She is awesome to always brave the Black Friday crowds!

~ej said...

lol, war games indeed!! :)

Sharla said...

You're kidding me, right? Jerome, Idaho?!?! You got up at 4am to Black Friday shop in Jerome, Idaho? You are one crazy girl! ;)