Saturday, November 15, 2008

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner! And a Prize Giveaway!

During the summer, I got a phone call from a USA Today surveyer wondering if I'd be willing to participate on a USA Today panel. I usually don't do these surveys because they start out interesting..and 15 minutes later you wish you would've hung up in the first place.

But, I do like me some USA Today so I said sure.

Yup. 15 minutes later I was wishing I would've hang up.

I remember, the survey-guy kept apologizing for the lengthiness...and said many times...we're almost done..hang in there. I'm guessing he's had many a hang-up at the 14 or 15 minute mark.

So, I hung in there. Then he asked if I would mind being contacted at later dates for more surveys? I said, no thanks.

Trying to sweeten the deal, he added, "How about participating in email surveys. You could win a prize?"

Sold
. To the sucker who likes winning...but never does because the odds are not in her favor. making me a bigger sucker is the fact that I had no clue what the prizes were..for all I knew they were giving away USA Today mugs...but, a prize is a prize.

The email surveys generally come every other week or sometimes monthly. Of course, I haven't been able to participate in all of them..but I've filled out my share.

Last night, I got an email from USA Today saying I had won $100 cash for being a valiant member of their panel (okay, maybe it didn't say valiant..but you know they wanted to).

Funny thing is, its been so long since the initial phone call that I had forgotten there was even a prize being offered...and now my altruism has paid off.

Yay me!

And since I'm feeling so altruistic...how bout a prize giveaway. I'm giving away one of these loverly magnet boards (holds a recipe card, a 4x6 or 5x7 picture).


If you'd like to win a magnet board...either for yourself or a Christmas gift for your fav person...then just leave a comment about:

1) The best prize you have ever won..if any.


AND 2) Your color choice...

a) picnic red & black ribbon

b) dark red and black ribbon

c) pink&brown vertical stripes and brown ribbon

d) pink and sage green with cream sheer ribbon

e) cute patchwork squares
& black ribbon

f) multicolor quilter stripes & black ribbon

Yay You!

{Loyal commenters (and lurkers)
are all welcome to enter.
Drawing ends: Tuesday,
November 18th at 5 pm--MST}

6 comments:

Amanda in GA said...

I just found you over at MMB. I have to say I have laughted to myself several times. I have added you to my bookmarks

Best prize I ever won was a trip to the super bowl 17 years ago. My dh and I had just moved and the apartment complex was having a drawing for those who signed a lease. It was lots of fun.

Aloicoius said...

Nicolita - I love the one on the front row to the left. SO CUTE!!

The best thing I ever won was a cruise to the Carribean. Actually, that was a April Fools joke that Zach played on me before we were married... And I've never won anything since.

Anonymous said...

Well of course, the best prize I have ever won was the journal on your last blog give-away! If I win again... letter E all the way!

Beeswax said...

I won a personalized purse on a blog giveaway!

I like C. But I'd also like a copy of your ward cookbook. How about giving away one of those? Or maybe a trade for our last one? From 05?

Heather said...

Well, I wouldn't say the BEST thing I ever won but my most memorable thing I have "won" was a book on menopause at a white elephant exchange. It was a few years ago when I was a bit younger.
I love B and F the best.

Joanne said...

Pick me Pick me I even had to make an account to post this. The best prize I ever won is my husband. I like the two in the front. Pick me Pick me