I loved last night's American Idol. The show was filled with great singers and performances (minus the Love Guru--I have seen the promo for his lame new movie way too many times--and each time I see it I'm still embarrassed for Mike Myers).
I thought all the Idols sounded great (except for that Amanda rocker chick - she is too much with her fancy wanna-be scarves). Ending the show with the tribute to George Michael was famous! I loved his music in high school and college--and I thought the Idol's did a decent job.
So, as the Idols were singing the George Michael medley--DH turned to me and said, "I guess George Michael is the going to be the grand finale tonight."
"George Michael is dead," I replied.
"No, he's not," DH said.
"Ummm, I think I'd know if my favorite singer from high school was alive or not. He's definitely, NOT alive," I smirked. "He died like 2 years ago."
"What did he die of?" DH asked.
"I'm pretty sure, aids," I confidently said.
Our attention turned back to the TV, as the Idol's finished up the chorus of "Freedom"--and out walked George Michael. Errrr...awkward {and did DH rub it in? NO! He never does.
I thought all the Idols sounded great (except for that Amanda rocker chick - she is too much with her fancy wanna-be scarves). Ending the show with the tribute to George Michael was famous! I loved his music in high school and college--and I thought the Idol's did a decent job.
So, as the Idols were singing the George Michael medley--DH turned to me and said, "I guess George Michael is the going to be the grand finale tonight."
"George Michael is dead," I replied.
"No, he's not," DH said.
"Ummm, I think I'd know if my favorite singer from high school was alive or not. He's definitely, NOT alive," I smirked. "He died like 2 years ago."
"What did he die of?" DH asked.
"I'm pretty sure, aids," I confidently said.
Our attention turned back to the TV, as the Idol's finished up the chorus of "Freedom"--and out walked George Michael. Errrr...awkward {and did DH rub it in? NO! He never does.
He's a better person than me, for sure!}
So here's the Top 10 Things I Learned
So here's the Top 10 Things I Learned
from the American Idol Finale
10. George Michael Lives!
9. ZZ Top lives (& totally rocks! cause I thought
10. George Michael Lives!
9. ZZ Top lives (& totally rocks! cause I thought
those guys were dead too)
8. Paula Abdul should hire me to write her a
8. Paula Abdul should hire me to write her a
script of appropriate things to say - then maybe
she wouldn't sound drunk.
7. Randy needs a new image consultant...
7. Randy needs a new image consultant...
...pimp wear is so last year.
6. Jason Castro and Ramiele Malubay still bug.
5. Carrie Underwood likes herself
6. Jason Castro and Ramiele Malubay still bug.
5. Carrie Underwood likes herself
some short skirts.
4. Carly Smithson enjoys black tights in the
4. Carly Smithson enjoys black tights in the
spring (hey, for all I know - maybe it's winter
in her homeland of Ireland).
3. Simon is secretly masquerading as a psychiatrist--he used reverse psychology on Idol voters (see, by telling America that David Cook was terrible and that David Archuletta was awesome -- he actually tricked us into voting the reverse--now that's one smart Englishman).
2. No matter who won...
3. Simon is secretly masquerading as a psychiatrist--he used reverse psychology on Idol voters (see, by telling America that David Cook was terrible and that David Archuletta was awesome -- he actually tricked us into voting the reverse--now that's one smart Englishman).
2. No matter who won...
...both Davids will make it big.
1. Michael Johns should've won it all
1. Michael Johns should've won it all
{I'm not bitter, I promise!}
3 comments:
I heart your Idol recap - that is hilarious about George Michael dying of AIDS two years ago! I couldn't agree more about Amanda - she tries so hard to be a rocker it just sounds like she gargled rocks or something. The black tights on Carly is a crack up and I too love Michael Johns. The "I Am Your Brother" song however seemed to go on endlessly and I'd love it if you wrote for Paula (assuming she's sober enough to read!)
I don't watch the show and I'm still trying to cope with the fact that Grams is more up on pop culture than I am.
Too words: COOK ROCKS!!!!
The show was awesome (a little heavy on the has-been singers, but still a winner) ZZ Top, Bryan Adams, George Michael? I was loving it! Great top 10!
Post a Comment