Sunday, May 4, 2008

The Sunday Funnies

On Monday, Jay was studying her spelling words.

"Mom?" she hollered from the other room. "What does de-spice-able mean?" she asked.

"De-spice-able? Ummm, lack of spice, maybe?"

"Mom, c'mon--I really need to know what de-spice-able means," she sassed.

"I've never heard of the word. Look it up in the dictionary," I sassed back.

Apparently, dad trumped the dictionary. When Jay asked DH what "de-spice-able" meant -- he requested the spelling list from her and began to laugh.

"You mean despicable? Let me use that in a sentence for you. I think it is despicable that you thought despicable was de-spice-able."

*****************************************************************
Thursday and Friday morning were extremely busy as I tried to get myself and the kids ready for school (so me and the girls could be out the door and on our way to BYU by 8 a.m). Hair was hurriedly brushed, clothes were quickly put on, lunches were lickety-split packed--and makeup was done in the carpool lane on the way to Provo.

On Friday morning, as we dropped the kids off at school, Aussie kindly asked, "Mom? Did you brush your hair today?"

Confidently? I answered, "Yes. And if you want Santa to come this year you'll tell me how great it looks."

1 comment:

Jolene said...

I'm sorry I laughed so hard when Aus said that - but it seriously was one of the funniest things ever. He was so concerned about you!