On Thursday, Savvy came home with very exciting news. Brandon Mull, author of the "Fablehaven" book series, had been at her school signing autographs and such. Savvy had actually known about his visit the day before -- and her teacher had told them they could bring stuff for him to sign -- stuff meaning Fablehaven memorabilia.Did Savvy let the fact that we don't own any of his books stop her from getting his autograph? I think not -- she's made of sterner stuff than that. A real go-getter. So, what did she take for him to sign?
Oh, just her "Cat Fancy" magazine
{I know, I know. It's wrong on so many levels--but, first Loyal Readers, I promise! It's a free subscription- we don't actually pay for the magazine. Second--about half way through the book signing, Savvy's principal announced to the entire school - Mr. Mull would only be signing Fablehaven stuff -- nothing else -- so at least my kid wasn't the only one bringing silly things to sign--and thankfully this happened before she stood in his line with the ever popular Cat Fancy.}
P.S. Umm, hey Mr. Mull--in case you're out there surfing middle aged mom's blogs--in my defense, last summer I tried to get my 12 year old daughter into your books--but she was already enthralled with the immensely popular vampire book--"Twilight". Now (thanks to strategic product placement at elementary schools across UT) you've got a realCat Fancy Fablehaven fan on your hands. As a matter of fact, I just bought your very first book on Friday--and Savvy and her twin brother are already fighting over who gets to read it first.
{I know, I know. It's wrong on so many levels--but, first Loyal Readers, I promise! It's a free subscription- we don't actually pay for the magazine. Second--about half way through the book signing, Savvy's principal announced to the entire school - Mr. Mull would only be signing Fablehaven stuff -- nothing else -- so at least my kid wasn't the only one bringing silly things to sign--and thankfully this happened before she stood in his line with the ever popular Cat Fancy.}
P.S. Umm, hey Mr. Mull--in case you're out there surfing middle aged mom's blogs--in my defense, last summer I tried to get my 12 year old daughter into your books--but she was already enthralled with the immensely popular vampire book--"Twilight". Now (thanks to strategic product placement at elementary schools across UT) you've got a real
1 comment:
My kids love these books! But I got the screamin deal when I was in UT with you at the Deseret Book outlet - they were like $4. for the hard covers 1 and 2. I wish I would have had them before the kids went to the signing here. Morgan bought #3 and got it signed and they were giving out posters etc... to have him sign. But I bet that if Brandon Mull would have seen S standing there with her Cat Fancy magazine he would have signed it.
Post a Comment