Finally, Ali kindly says, "You really like collections don't you?"
Hmmm? I thought about it for a minute and decided she was true to me! When I like something - I really like it and I want lots of it! Which can have it's ups and downs. In my house in AZ - I really liked wooden signs - and I had a lot of them (considering the square footage of my house - a whole lot of them! Two in every room--and even one in the halls). Probably a little overkill on the signs. Once a friend commented, "Your house should be called the 'sign house'." (not one of my finer decorating moments--I must admit).
So, here I am--a newly confessed addict. I've taken the first step in the 12 step program: Admitting my problem (alas, it's a problem I don't necessarily want to cure...)
Addiction #2: Framed Paper and Iron
(Jilly and Ali had the fab idea to combine my love of the paper with my love of the letter "N"--and then I threw in some twisted iron for good measure--so I call this my "streamlined addiction")
Addiction #3: The Quilts: A warm and cozy addiction

Addiction #4: Old Doors (both of these are from my Grandpa S's house! He's my supplier. So, I guess I can blame him for this particular addiction--and then my Dad became the enabler when he delivered them to my garage)
Addiction #5: I love me some Ribbon! (Hey, at least it's an organized addiction)
Addiction #6: Stacking Boxes

Other collections I love (but I was too lazy/embarrassed to take pictures of) include:
Topiary Trees
Red Books - especially encyclopedias (Jo was my supplier for this addiction)
Statues that look like Artichokes
Candlestick Holders (some of that collection has been lost do to a ball thrown by Aussie)
Scrapbook Supplies
Barn Wood--Grandpa S and my Dad are also my suppliers on this one! Naughty!
Dust
Dirty Laundry
Unvacuumed Floors
Neglected Houseplants
Messy Bathrooms
Unmade Beds
(It could be worse--at least I haven't started a diet coke can wall...yet. )
Confession Time: What's your addiction?
9 comments:
O.K. you are one funny girl - I think you should print up all your blogs and publish a book - I would buy it! (hey, it's called a journal! - see doing your personal history and making cash too)
I for one love your collections. I think I love your paper and frames one so much I may have to copy you. Seeing your pictures makes me feel like I've stepped back into your beautiful house where I always have such good memories. Thanks
I am all for the mirror wall downstairs so tell DH that you have to put them up for us girls who need another place to get ready during WC. :)
Your N wall turned out so cute!!
me = mega jealous
My current addictions include sushi (a very expensive addiction I haven't done my best to control), cereal after dinner (I truly can not stop eating sometimes since Frankleberries came along), and MAC makeup (another expensive addition but this one I gots under control).
Oh! Also, Cafe Rio. One week I ate it like 4/5 days. NAUGHTY! So many involve food lately... but at least I've got an excuse!
I agree with Pammie that seeing your pictures makes me want more good times! I love the clock wall and even though you are OFF wood signs I think you should make one that says GOOD TIMES and hang it on your clock wall.
I love the craft room collections they are my favorites.
I have been collecting Rs in my living room and just recently found out that Alan thinks it is dumb. Hey! It's his name - it has only been my last name for 15 years. I was a G for a long time before that.
I don't know why I'm telling you this - you have seen it all but I also have an Eiffel Tower collection that sometimes makes me feel bad that I don't have more pictures of the Savior or temple in my front room - but I have LOTS of Eiffel Towers!
I also collect dustballs, crumbled up programs in the bottom of my church bag, empty water bottles in my Suburban and socks with no matches.
I love seeing the quilt I snuggled up with when I was cold and it was snowing outside! You have awesome collections! If I could only be so creative. I just steal others ideas! I do have a few frogs around the house.
Thanks Mary - I'd have to charge you a lot for my book though - because you'd be the only one who'd buy it - hehe.
PRL - you are tender to me for the "N" love -- and I will tell my DH that beautiful Pammi thinks the mirror wall would be fab.
Ali - you know I cannot relate at all to your nasty sushi addiction. But I do love me some Cafe Rio!
Oooh - thanks for the guilt Jo - on the temple and Christ pics collection. A certain girl (in AZ) who shall not be named - but you know who I'm talking about - had the whole Greg Olsen and Thomas Kinkaid collection. I found it pretentious. Just kidding - I just thought I'd sound cool if I said it.
Also-Jo - switch out the R's for J's and tell your DH it's all about you.
Shanna - my grandma has a turtle collection that could rival your frog collection - except she gives her turtles away.
First of all, I LOVE your framed paper idea and fully intend to copy it the first chance I get! Such a cute idea. What are the N's you have on the paper? Stickers, die cuts, what? I love it! The ribbon jars are too dang cute, and user-friendly. I have all my ribbon for card-making in a jumbled heap in the bottom of a sack of crap! I can't see what I have let alone untangle it! So cute. I like the collection thing- it shows who you are all over your house. I say run with it with reckless abandon baby! As for my collections, I can only think of one- I collect nativities is small, different ways. I have ornaments, a painted pillow, and want a quilt w/ a nativity on it. The real things are too pricy and take up too much room. Fun, fun blog.
You are CUTE! Love your collections. I can relate to the last few you have listed!! I collect repeipts at the bottom of my purse and in my kitchen junk drawer. I too have to buy a cute clock when I see one. Love the doors you have. I am at capacity on decorating around my house. I am wanting to start changing things. It has been seven years of the SAME thing. I need to get a job!! :)
Ally - I love that you collect nativities - so does Jill. I brought my mom a nativity home from Hawaii - in a coconut shell - and I think Jilly might steal it.
I stamped one of the "N's" myself, and got the rest of them (stickers, metals, stencil, unfinished wood) and the plastic paint cans for the ribbon at Roberts.
Heather - I have a collection of receipts at the bottom of my purse too. It's always awkward when I try to find one to do a return at a store.
Post a Comment