Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Stories of the Old and Decrepit

For some reason this morning we were running incredibly late--so late that I ended up taking the twins all the way to school - instead of just dropping them at the corner. In doing this, I gained some valuable information about myself--I'm blind as a bat and my hearing is shot.

On the way to school, we passed a lady in a lovely vehicular (I mention this only because it's hard not to notice other niceties when your purple pleasure of a mini-van is wheezing a high pitched noise en route). She appeared to be gussied up - with her hair done - kind of that flippy style.

Anyway - as we passed the darling girl, Aussie said, "Boy, someone is having a bad hair day!"

"Aussie!" I laughed, assuming he meant me (see my last Sunday Funnies if you need clarification).

"I'm not talking about you mom," he said [a miracle I suppose]. "That lady has crazy hair! Like you did the other day."

Hmmm. I thought she looked fine. Maybe I need new glasses?

Still laughing, I pulled into the carpool lane at the school. Down the lane, was a teacher directing traffic and Savvy said, "See that teacher? She's Mrs. Isaac-Hawk."

"Her name is Mrs. Issac-Hawk? That's a different name," I replied--assuming she was a women's libber married woman with the fancy hyphenated name.

"No, mom! I don't know what her real name is - we just call her "Mrs. Eyes-Like-A-Hawk because she always catches everyone riding their scooters when they aren't supposed to."
{Guess while I'm making that appointment for new glasses I'd better throw in an appointment for a hearing test.}

1 comment:

Pam said...

I'm pretty sure it's not you with the bad eyes and hearing. My kids are always mumbling things that I don't hear right. They must think that since we see or hear everything they do wrong that we must have superpower ears and eyes all the time.
As far as the hair-do lady kids(especially boys) don't know a cute hairdo when they see one. I thought your hair was super cute when Aussie made the "hair comment".