I usually stick around to watch Savvy and Aussie practice with their swim team--but yesterday almost changed my mind!It was such a cold and windy June day--that it made my ears hurt.
Definitely, not a day meant to be spent poolside (or even in the pool). But, that's pretty much where my kids and I spent it.
Jay had swim team and clinic from 7 am - 1015 am (brrr for her!). The twins had clinic from 10-1030 and then swim team from 5-6 pm (they did say it was a lot warmer in the pool than out).
At the 5 pm practice, it was so cold I wrapped myself in Savvy and Aussie's beach towels...a fashion statement for sure.
By the time I got home at six, I was freezing--and so were my poor little wet swimmers.
At the 5 pm practice, it was so cold I wrapped myself in Savvy and Aussie's beach towels...a fashion statement for sure.
By the time I got home at six, I was freezing--and so were my poor little wet swimmers.
As I walked in the door, I caught a glimpse of me in the mirror -- and it wasn't pretty -- my stylish hair do from the morning was very windblown and crazy.
DH was already home from work, so I hustled to get dinner on the table. Finally, our family sat down to dinner.
At this point, DH asked, "Did you get your haircut today?"
"Ummm, no," I answered, thinking who are you and what have you done with my husband? I mean--I could dye my hair red and he probably
wouldn't notice.
wouldn't notice.
"Well, I like it, what did you do different?" he asked.
"Nothing, really," I answered.
Then the thought occured to me--I had been in a veritable hurricane on South Mountain!
So, for all you ladies out their trying to impress your main squeeze. The ingredient to your wildest hair (pun intended) dreams is simple...hang out in a windstorm.
{P.S. T minus 2 days till my one year anniversary give away!}
4 comments:
BRRRRRR reading this makes me shiver.
Isn't it funny how the days we think we look ridiculous are when the DH's are all complimentary. I'm pretty sure husbands must notice something different about us although they don't know what, so instead of "being oblivious" they think if they say something nice they won't get introuble later for not noticing - even when there is nothing to notice. At least my DH has got this one down.
You know the wind blown look is totally in anyway so I bet you were hot. :)
What I want to know is...where's the picture of the hairdo?
Ally-everytime I have a good hair day - there is no one around to take a pic of me! You really need the front and back to get the full effect. Now that the kids are home - I can have Jay take it. Watch for a pic -- maybe on my 1 year anniversary?
so many promises for the one year anniversary! What I hate about windy days is the hair sticking in the lip gloss - that is the worst!
Post a Comment