On the way home from Lagoon on Friday night, Savvy and her cousin LeLe were having an lively discussion about the merits of Pokemon Cards vs Littlest Pet Shops. At least that is what I assumed they were talking about.
Then Savvy asked, "Dad, what is the definition of dignity?"
DH said, "What do you mean?"
"Well, I know dignity isn't a bone in your body, but it is something inside of you right?"
DH proceed to give a pretty good off the cuff definition of dignitywith me throwing in two cents here and there.
"Oh," Savvy said, "So, it's kind of like honesty and integrity?"
"Yup."
Then Savvy asked, "Dad, what is the definition of dignity?"
DH said, "What do you mean?"
"Well, I know dignity isn't a bone in your body, but it is something inside of you right?"
DH proceed to give a pretty good off the cuff definition of dignity
"Oh," Savvy said, "So, it's kind of like honesty and integrity?"
"Yup."
Then the 9 year old and the 8 year old continued their intriguing discussion about parts of the body.
1 comment:
I think there should be a visable body part labeled integrity, honesty and dignity, that way we could see who has some and who has not-- I might be on to something with this one.
Post a Comment