One random belt which was fine before the water test fixed: $150
AC Blower Bearings: $300
Replacement of supposedly cracked AC Blower Housing Unit: $150
Getting ripped off to the tune of $600.
Priceless.
Our big purple mini-van was in the shop (again) on Saturday. We seem to be averaging an-every-6-month-plundering-and-pillaging at various mechanics around Utah.
As many times as we have had Purple Pleasure in the shop--you would think we would've found our dream mechanic by now..but alas no.
This time, we took P.P. into Tunex. Our AC blower has been making a lovely high pitched squealing noise--and when it got to be so loud that I couldn't even talk on my cell phone--we decided it was time to get our trusty P.P. into see the doc.
Tunex promised they'd fix our car in no time. A few hours later we picked up P.P. We paid our $150 for a belt thatwe didn't ask them to fix so they poured water on it & broke it into a million pieces (he claims it's a common test--whatev).
Then DH got into P.P., started her up, and discovered that they hadn't fixed the problem He went back into Tunex and mentioned that the noise was still there.
Tunex dude said, "Oh, yeah. I was going to tell you, I think your blower is going bad--you might want to have that looked at. It will probably only cost around $150."
DH said: "Well, that's actually why we brought it in was to have the blower fixed."
Tunex Dude: "Hmmm. Well, we closed a 1/2 hour ago--you'll have to bring her in next week."
So, we drove home with a brand spankin' new belt..that didn't do a dang thing for P.P's squealing issue.
Today, we took P.P. back in for some fixin' of the blower. A few hours later, they called to say it would be $300. An hour after that, they called to say that the blower's housing unit was crackedwhich I suspect happened when they took a hammer to it and needed to be replaced--for another $150.
For a salt in the wound moment: Tonight at enrichment, I was telling this shenanigan to my newest BFF, Pam. She told me of the love she had for a great mechanic who was so stinkin' honest -- sometimes he pays you to come to him (well--maybe not quite THAT honest).
She further added lemon into the $600 wound--when she told me the mechanic's location--he's 6 blocks away from Tunex. I guess it is nice to know where I'll be headed in December.
Curse you Tunex!!
As many times as we have had Purple Pleasure in the shop--you would think we would've found our dream mechanic by now..but alas no.
This time, we took P.P. into Tunex. Our AC blower has been making a lovely high pitched squealing noise--and when it got to be so loud that I couldn't even talk on my cell phone--we decided it was time to get our trusty P.P. into see the doc.
Tunex promised they'd fix our car in no time. A few hours later we picked up P.P. We paid our $150 for a belt that
Then DH got into P.P., started her up, and discovered that they hadn't fixed the problem He went back into Tunex and mentioned that the noise was still there.
Tunex dude said, "Oh, yeah. I was going to tell you, I think your blower is going bad--you might want to have that looked at. It will probably only cost around $150."
DH said: "Well, that's actually why we brought it in was to have the blower fixed."
Tunex Dude: "Hmmm. Well, we closed a 1/2 hour ago--you'll have to bring her in next week."
So, we drove home with a brand spankin' new belt..that didn't do a dang thing for P.P's squealing issue.
Today, we took P.P. back in for some fixin' of the blower. A few hours later, they called to say it would be $300. An hour after that, they called to say that the blower's housing unit was cracked
For a salt in the wound moment: Tonight at enrichment, I was telling this shenanigan to my newest BFF, Pam. She told me of the love she had for a great mechanic who was so stinkin' honest -- sometimes he pays you to come to him (well--maybe not quite THAT honest).
She further added lemon into the $600 wound--when she told me the mechanic's location--he's 6 blocks away from Tunex. I guess it is nice to know where I'll be headed in December.
Curse you Tunex!!
4 comments:
I feel your pain. But we do have a wonderful, trustworthy mechanic as you know. I'm heading over to Bishop Bob again right now. My DH had my hopes all up that I would have a new suburban by the end of this week but now I don't think it is going to happen. He keeps telling me that with all of the repairs we are doing that it is practically brand new right now.
Cursed mechanics! Zach and I have a good one but he's also a guy in our ward so while we get stellar pricing we are often put on the backburner. I guess it's a friend&family deal.
We are lucky enough to have a great mechanic that lives right behind us. He is reasonable and trustworthy. Pack up PP and head for Meridan, I can HOOK YOU UP!
Oh I can't even count how many times we have been rookered and snookered on our car repairs. To the tune of many $$$$$$. It is a cruel car repair world out there. Luckily Jo bore her testimony to us of her great love for an honest man and it hasn't been as cursed since. Good luck with PP keep her alive - I can't even imagine you without it.
Post a Comment