Sunday, November 30, 2008

For the love of blogging!

Well, for heavenssakes! I cannot believe I failed to blog yesterday. After such dedication to a month of blogging--even on Turkey day--I gave up the ghost on the 2nd to the last day of my goal.

In my defense...we returned home yesterday afternoon from our fabulous trip to Idaho--only to discover that our computer had the biggest, baddest virus this side of the Mississippi. I'm talking bad news. I couldn't even turn my computer on without getting all sorts of shenanigans.

Whilst I waited for El Jefe to fix the Vunda virus, I decided I would get out the Christmas decor. I lovingly pulled out my two pre-lit Christmas trees, had the kids help me haul up the many boxes from our very unorganized cold storage, put on my favorite Christmas music of all time (a little Bing)--
and only then did I discover that
NEITHER ONE OF MY PRE-LIT CHRISTMAS TREES WORKED!

Frustration beyond belief. I tried and tried to get the stinkin' tree to work and after a couple of hours I only had the bottom section working. Curses! What a bunch of shenanigans.

While I was trying to fix the tree, the kids were watching Santa Claus 2 (it's a crowd pleaser) and so in my sadness and frustration I finished watching it with them. When it was over I got up with a major case of a Christmas-tree-that-never-was-migraine and severe bed-head.

Alas, I remembered we were out of milk, eggs and cereal not to worry..we still had plenty of diet coke. This necessitated a quick trip to the grocery--and since El Jefe was already in his pj's--it was up to me to provide nourishment for our family. So, I hopped into purple pleasure and ran over to our fancy new Harmons.

Now, this particular Harmons is a store that I generally do not frequent due to high prices-- and such a fancy atmosphere that I sometimes feel underdressed. It is a four star grocery store if ever there was such a thing. But, duty called and I was too tired to go any further--after all--who would I see at 9:30 pm on a Saturday night?

Well, first I saw my good friend in front of the diet coke aisle--I felt like this was an omen that we should visit and visit for quite sometime. I knew she would not judge me...especially since she confessed she was worse off than me as she was not wearing any underwire support.

Then, half of my neighborhood entered the store. Dressed to the nines. On a group date. Yes, loyal readers, some people do have lives.

Just as me and my co-conspirator were about to make a mad dash for the meat department, we were spotted and they commenced to walk towards us for a nice little visit.

Awkward.

We chatted with the fancies for a bit, and then they sauntered off to the ice cream department.

Of course, it was fate that I would run into another dear friend, Petal, who also looked lovely in a swishy black skirt and a smashing black leather coat. Since Petal has seen me at my at my absolute worst--I did not worry--as I am sure I looked fine to her. We chatted for a bit, and then it was time to check out.

My 9 item visit to the grocery store--took a solid hour.

As I returned home, (around 1030 pm) I discovered that sweet Savvy had a very bad bellyache from too much jellycake (my M.I.L. used to sing that cute song to my colicky babies--and if a 10 year old could have colic--last night was Savvy's night for it).

She required the tender loving care that only a mother can give--which involved me drawing pictures on her back and seeing if she could guess them till she fell asleep and I could sneak out.

Only problem was, we both fell asleep.

I awoke with such a start when I heard the cuckoo clock chime one o'clock a.m. As I headed down the stairs, in a very groggy state, I realized I had missed my blogging deadline--and my daily goal of blogging for the month of November was null and void.

Curses! What a bunch of shenanigans!

5 comments:

Sharla said...

So, starting in the 5th grade, my dad paid me 2 cents every day I read the scriptures. If at the end of the year, I didn't miss a day, he would pay me $10 for the year. This went on all through high school. I remember a few times after turning in late at sleepovers as a teenager, searching around in a dark, unfamiliar house for scriptures after everyone had gone to bed and I remembered I hadn't read yet. Sometimes, it was after midnight, but it still "counted". (If only I was still that diligent!)Personally, I think you should've blogged at 1am!

Aloicoius said...

FAILURE!! JK, I'm proud of you, for what it's worth.

And I WAS wondering why it looked like you'd only strung one string of lights on the bottom of your tree today. I just figured you got bored and decided to do the rest later.

Amy said...

The story about seeing the 'fancies' is way too funny!

Jolene said...

You still did awesome! I just finally gave up last week - too many shenanigans to keep up the blog. Running in to fancies when you are not fancy is the worst!

Mary said...

I am a firm believer in "do-over's", "make-up's", etc. so the fact that you did two posts on Sunday definately makes-up for missing Saturday - Congratulations! - all your posts were great this month (as usual) and very entertaining!