Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Bird in the Hand

This morning, Savvy came down to breakfast and Aussie said, "Watch out! Don't step in the bird poop!"

"Bird poop?" I asked, highly disgusted.

Savvy answered, "Yah mom, it's been there for like 3 days--when are you going to clean it up?"

So, I investigated the so-called bird poop. Using my brilliant detective skills, I deduced that the brown and white schmear on my tile was actually a few crumbs of my sis-in-laws delicious "Better than sex You Know What" cake.

{But, it did look quite a bit like bird droppings--not to be rude or anything.}

I informed the children {who thinks their mother runs an aviary out of her kitchen} of this and then asked, "So, how exactly would bird poop get in our house?"

Savvy's answer: "I figured maybe a bird flew in the door and (our cat) Elvis ate it--that's why he's so chubby."

Aussie's answer: "If we get flies in our house, why not birds?"

Why not birds?

I'll tell you why. First of all, eeeeew! Disgusting!

Secondly, I have made a covenant {a two way promise as we have learned in FHE} with PETA that if they keep their deeply-loved-yet creepy-disgusting-germ infested-dive bombing-poop dropping-birds out of my house then I will not go
I mean, really.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come on Nic you have to come down and meet you beloved brothers bird. Than you would have alot more to say about how not cool birds are.

Jolene said...

Birds are scary.

Anonymous said...

Since I've lived in Oak City, I have actually had two birds in my house - both got in through the chimney. That was better than the bird experience I had in Cedar last summer when a bird actually flew into my head. Very unpleasant, kinda painful, and really embarrassing. It brought to mind the Seinfeld episode where the bird flew into Elaine's head because "it's like he couldn't avoid it."

Pam said...

Cake disguising itself as birdpoop huh? That is a good one. Well to have a bird in the house is better than a bat - which we had fly in at night at one of our family reunions and you should have seen the hilarity that followed with couch pillows and tennis rackets and guys squealing like girls...hehehe