Friday, June 20, 2008

PSA on Wild Parties

I went to a wild party last night and lost my bra.

Okay, I guess I should clarify this because I'd hate for you to get the wrong idea--after all--I am a somewhat upstanding member of my community.

My sis, Jilly, and I have been planning a family sleepover party since May (this happened--when we looked at our calendars and discovered that both of our husbands would be out of town the same week--which was a definite cause for a party...and since we didn't want CPS after us we decided to
invite the children).

Then, last week my DH's trip got cancelled.

But, being the fabulous DH that he is, he assured me, that he was absolutely fine if I wanted to take the kids over to my sisters house and leave him all by himself. He promised he wouldn't be crushed in the least to have the house to himself, the TV/tivo to himself, the basement to himself, black beauty to himself...etc.

So, with my DH's blessing...the chitlin's & I were off to Jilly's house for a rendezvous divine.

On the way there, the kids discussed what they had brought in their backpacks.
Savvy asked Aussie.."Did you bring Blackie (his favorite stuffed animal)?"

Aussie, bravely replied, "All I brought with me are my guts and my dignity." {This statement would set the tone for the rest of the excursion.}

We arrived at my sisters house. As the kids raced from the van, screaming a warlike yell--I just knew this would be a party to remember.

By the time I got everything unloaded (okay, so it was 2 bags) and plopped myself down on the couch--Jilly and I realized we were both too tired to part-ay (I had spent 4 hours at a swim meet in the heat of the day and Jilly is 8 months pregnant).

Our lack of partyingness did not deter the children in the least. With daylight savings as their guide..they headed over to the park and played till about 915.

Then they came home and we spread out blankets and pillows in front of the TV and turned on Shrek 2.

Add a little popcorn and sprite to the mix--and you've got yourself a humdinger of a party. The kids watched their movie whilst Jilly and I visited, ate popcorn and drank DC (mostly me drinking the DC). Around eleven, the movie ended and we got the kids ready for bed.

This morning, we all got up. Then the kids headed to the park, while Jill cooked up a great breakfast of pancakes.

After breakfast (still in my PJ's), I packed up the kids and we headed back home to get ready for Jay's swim meet.

I had been home all of a half hour when Jill called to inform me that I had...
...left my bra on the side of her bed.

And this Loyal Readers...is where my PSA comes in to play...

One of the risks of being invited to a wild party is losing a piece of your underclothing...and quite a bit of your dignity.

{Following the wise words spoken by my son...at least I left with my guts.}

6 comments:

Amy said...

That is really too funny - and could have been an awkward phone call under different circumstances. Your DH really took one for the team didn't he?

Anonymous said...

I'm shocked and chagrined! I'm also wishing I had sisters that lived close by for such good times. Jill must have a park very close, how cool.

Pam said...

Heeheehee. Usually with the bra left behind in the movies there are men involved but apparently you girls really know how to party...you didn't even need the men to forget the bra. I bet you were really comfy cozy on your ride home though :)
So much fun to have a night with the kids and sis. You are lucky to have sweet Jill to enjoy it with.

Jolene said...

Austin's comment cracks me up. You do have your guts - I would never drive home braless for fear that I would run over a paint bucket or something on the freeway and have to pull over.

Gayle Menlove said...

I want to party with you guys, at least you left with the important part, your guts. Everything else can be replaced.

Heather said...

That is hilarious, glad you do have your guts! Like Pam said you were feeling comfortable and free on the drive home! At least you made it all the way home too.