Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Sunday Funnies

My Desperate Househusband (thanks JO!) and I are speaking in church next Sunday. DH was the one approached by our first counselor--so he was given our topic.

During Sacrament meeting, I wrote him a note asking "What are we supposed to speak about?"

Knowing that I am not the deepest oar in the ocean--He wrote back, "Teaching the words of Isaiah to your families and relating it to their daily lives."

I'm sure the look on my face was priceless...but I promise...it only took me a minute to know he was joking.
Our real topic? Why are we Members of the Church (obviously--for me at least...it has nothing to do with Isaiah).

3 comments:

Jolene said...

Use the talk from last conference from Henry B. Eyring - it is called the True and Living Church or something like that. We had our RS lesson on that yesterday and it was great. It made me realize that I am not that great of an example of a member of the true and living church. But it reminded me of a funny story tha maybe I will blog about today.

Pam said...

Good luck with the talk. That is always a fun day...NOT!
Your topic sounds like a good one though be glad your DH was joking, can you even imagine any topic centered on Isaiah? That would be a snoozer.
I'm sure you will do fabulous!

Gayle Menlove said...

If your talk in sacrament meeting is as good as your blogs, I'll be there.

By the way, I thought DH was Dirty Harry, who knew?