So, I've finished a couple of Jay's birthday invitations...(not bad considering I didn't even start thinking about them till 11 pm last night--I kinda forgot her party was this Saturday! Oops!)
The double-sided card stock is from K&Co.
I used a darling Anna Griffin stamp to make "An Invitation" tag for the front. {Oh & I got the ribbon on clearance at Taipan -- $3 for 75 feet!}
Inside: Nothing fancy - just typed up the info in brown ink with a gold '13' watermark behind it. Then, I made it messy by edging it in brown ink.
Two down...four to go.
5 comments:
They look good. These kids are going to love these invites! What's on tap for the party? Talk about "edging"...how do you do it? I just use a sponge but I always have the outline of the sponge on the paper- not my favorite.
Ally - I used to use sponge daubers for edging--but I don't like the soft-spongey look.
So - now I just take my ink pad and apply it directly to the cardstock edges--probably messier but I like messy - and it works like a dream (although it doesn't work as well on paper cause paper is so flimsy).
Very cute invite Nic.
I think projects turn out better when we work on them last minute anyway at least that's what I keep telling myself when I procrastinate and hate myself while I'm glueing at 1 in the morning.
LOVE IT! You're so creative Nic!
you are going to get a scrapbooking job - everyone is going to want you to design stuff for them! I love that you post all of your cutie patooties! You're the meaning in my life - you're my inspiration.
Sorry - totally listening to the '80s station right now.
Post a Comment